SMG11

Please keep in mind that even if they operate as a family, they're not related by blood.

><><><

While Sub-Zero-B was reading the books he had already read in brail and Sub-Two in his room playing with his stuffed animals, Sub-One was trying on something Gabby made specifically for him.

I think it's time to talk about the Subs.

Let's start with the oldest Sub, Sub-One.

Though he, and the other Subs, is a genetically perfect copy of One (before he lost a part of his textures), Sub-One had an improved version of the five-star backpack brand colored red on his back while a black worn-out necktie replaced One's red scarf. Since he ruined his tawny cap, Gabby was currently making him a new hat. This time, Sub-One had received a purple bandana cap.

Don't ask, we know he has a weird sense of style.

He currently had his arms crossed as he looked off to the side upset...

Gabby got on one knee and clapped her hands once. This was how she'd get Sub-One's attention after becoming mute so he looked her way allowing him to see what she had to say to him...

"I know," he said in a grumpy tone. He sounded just like One "It's just that... That blue and pink bitch, she... I... it's not that I dislike Sub-Zero-B, but..."

Gabby patted his head. She knew Sub-One didn't like hugs so this was her way of showing affection to him.

She spread out her hand and placed her thumb on her chin tapping it with a smile. Sub-One frowned.

"You're still not my mom," Sub-One huffed. He knew she was mostly joking and was trying to lighten the mood though. "But thanks for treating me like I'm your son... I guess..."

Gabby huffed as she touched her forehead with his. They both closed their eyes before Sub-One went to a different part of the USB.

With her leg better by this point, Gabby made her way to her middle child's room, Sub-Two's room.

Like Sub-One, Sub-Two is a perfect genetic copy of Two before he lost a part of his textures. He wore a white shirt with a black cat face on the front while a baseball cap was on his head with a sleeping calico cat was where his number was supposed to be.

Should I mention that he loves cats the most?

"Mittens, we're here," he said as he held a plush cat and gently bounced it to make it "talk". It should be obvious as to how old he is mentally speaking. "Ah! You're just in time for catnip, Muffin!"

There was a knock at the door before it opened. Sub-Two beamed with joy.

"Mama!" he said as he jumped into Gabby's arms smiling like he hadn't seen her in a thousand years. "What brings you here?"

Signing... Sub-Two's smile faded as he placed his head against Gabby's shoulder...

"Why did he betray us?" he asked... "You were just trying to help him live a normal life WITH all of us... and now... now..."

Gabby wiped a tear from his face. She touched her forehead with his.

"I'm glad papa and Four took care of him..."
Gabby nodded then signed again...
"Okay, mama. I'll get ready."

With that, Sub-Two jumped from Gabby's arms and got ready. Now for the third eldest.

Sub-Zero-B may have sounded like Mario, but he had no Italian accent. Hell, he didn't even wear what Mario wore. Think of a smart steampunk Mario with his eyes forever looking at the sides of his head. That was Sub-Zero-B.

He was in the library reading all of the books he had read dozens of times over the ten or so years he had been alive, but he was finally able to see the fine print for once. Yes, when he first saw the world, tears clouded his vision.

A small tsk could be heard. This was how Gabby got his attention.

"Salutations, Ms. Yelnats," he said. "I'm prepared for SMG4 and SMG3's visit. I'm on standby at the moment until they arrive."

Gabby took his hand and started signing...

"I'm aware and even if I was blind at the time, he was defeated. Even if an unfortunate soul was lost, I am still certain that the fire has been put out..."

Gabby nodded... She knew what he meant and the USB was prepared for anything he could potentially throw at them. She would even take in some of the memes should this world end...

"However... maybe this brings a bit of hope that if he's alive, his victim is too, theoretically speaking... or there's at least traces of him leftover that could at least form a body to bury."
Gabby huffed as she placed her forehead against his.
"If I'm right about my theory... then I'll do my best to dispose of him."

Gabby patted his head before signing something else.

"Heh heh. Do you plan on introducing them to each other?"
Gabby nodded.
"Then let's hope they don't freak out..."

Now it's time to check up on the twin Subs.

It had only been a few weeks since Gabby collected DNA samples of Three and Four, but Sub-Three and Sub-Four had developed much quicker than their elders and were even born, or rather unbottled, at the same time. Whenever one was, the other was always close by.

This was partly because Sub-Four was born with mental health issues while Sub-Three was overprotective of him. The two were very close and their bond was unbreakable from the moment they laid eyes on each other.

What was interesting about the duo was how different from their original copies.

Even if Sub-Three was slightly older (ish) than Sub-Four and is a copy of Three, he had this soft aura to him. Even his clothes were made from the softest fabric Gabby had. Which just so happens to lead to black overalls and a white hooded shirt.

As for Sub-Four... how do I put this?...

Sub-Four... was ashamed of how he looked...

It was mostly Sub-One's fault for playing with fire and burning his mouth somehow leaving the stash intact, but even before he started wearing a mask to cover the burn, he wore grey clothes bigger than him and sometimes hide inside of them.

[For Sub-Four's mask, pick whichever one at the top you like!]

The duo was just chilling in the living room with their backs against each other as they played some offline games together. Though quiet, they were having a pleasant conversation in their heads when Gabby arrived.

"Hi, G.R.A.Y.," said Sub-Three. Sub-Four looked over and said hello as well. "Our 'fathers' will be here soon, right?"

Gabby nodded as she sat in the armchair. She started signing...

"W-would we truly be able to hurt him if he comes back?" Sub-Four ashed as he turned and wrapped his arms around Sub-Three. Now's a great time to mention that Sub-Four doesn't wear gloves since he loves the feel of Sub-Three's clothes. "Like... If all of us were to attack him, we'd save the day?"

Gabby shrugged then signed...

"Then if he comes back, Sub-Four and I will turn into a pair of scissors and chop off his pea pod-sized dick!"

Sub-Four chuckled as he tightened his squeeze on him. Sub-Three placed his hand over his smiling.

Gabby signed...

"Goddammit," said Sub-Four. "It would've been funny to see a god laying on the floor crying of his sausage missing... My 'father' won't judge me for my looks, right?..."

Gabby signed that he most likely will not... She's hoping her words stand true...

"You know what I realized?"

"What's that, Sub-Three?" Sub-Four asked.

"It's been how long since the phone call and they still haven't arrived..."

Time for a search party.

><><><

The story doesn't end here...

Word Count: 1357...