Insanity

Vixen looks at me blinking back anger, but he can't keep it in as a lethal look paints across his face. "I'm gonna fucking kill him." he says, looking straight into my eyes, letting me know he's completely serious. "I'm serious, Kyla. Don't you try and stop me because I don't know what I'll do to you if you're caught in the crossfire. You take our child and don't come anywhere near me and Leo because today, he's dying by the hands of me. I'm not fucking joking." he says, giving Aleah to me and grabbing his pistol, walking out of his office to find Leo.

I go downstairs to warn the others as they sit in the living room eating. "Vixen's gonna kill Leo." I say, crying as I rock with Aleah.

"Are you fucking serious?" Kayno says, shocked.

"We need to stop him-"

"We can't. Vixen's a monster when he's angry. Whatever Leo's done, he deserves what Vixen's giving him. Leo takes it too far with Vixen and if he says he's gonna kill him, he's going to, and he'll kill anyone who gets in his way, so we can't do anything about it." Mark says, cutting Amber off.

All of a sudden, Vixen comes downstairs and a silenced gun goes off, catching Leo off guard.

"What the hell, man!" Leo yells.

"Don't give me that bullshit." Vixen says with a calm tone. I can tell he's absolutely pissed because he tries to hide it behind that horrifyingly calm expression which tells me how bad this is gonna get. "You wanna show me those pictures? Hm?" Vixen says threateningly.

"What pictures?" Leo says, acting confused.

"Leo, one thing my wife won't do is lie to me. So show me what the hell she's talking about or I'll look myself and I'll make you wish you never came back here." Vixen says, a still look plastered on his face.

When Leo doesn't reply, Vixen chuckles, getting frustrated. "Tell me something, where are the cameras?" Vixen asks again, on his last straw.

"She's lying." Leo says, laughing.

Angry, Vixen pounces on him and gets him on the ground, punching him. He draws back and questions Leo again before he starts beating him, breathing heavily with adrenaline rushing through him.

"Where the fuck are they!?" Vixen screams at him.

"Vixen-" Vixen punches Leo and brutally beats him, cutting him off and cursing as he beats the life out of him.

"Vixen." I say, slowly walking towards him. He continues to beat Leo and I close my eyes, somewhat afraid to take another step towards him.

"Vixen, that's enough-"

"¡Cállate la boca! {Shut the fuck up!}" he screams, cutting me off and breathing hard and sitting above Leo's body.

Aleah starts to fuss as he gets up and pulls his gun from his pants and aims it at Leo. I look away and I hear a silenced bullet whiz through the air. I walk up to Vixen as he turns around and he huffs and moves around me.

I stop where I am and I try to calm Aleah down as the boys try to go to Leo to help him.

"Déjalo, o felizmente haré que te unas a él.{Leave him, or I'll happily make you join him.}" Vixen says, pulling his sleeves up with bloody hands.

Mark puts his hand on my shoulder as Vixen walks upstairs. "That's el gobernante de la muerte {the ruler of death} in him, or Baladan. It means the son of death, it's like his alter ego. He gets like that when he gets really angry and he only speaks Spanish. That's how you know he's super pissed, he gets it from both his parents." he explains.

"Thanks," I say. "I'll try and get through to him."

"Good luck with that." Z says.

I walk upstairs and I go into the room where Vixen sits on the bed, analyzing his knuckles. He looks up and sees that it's me, and I lie Aleah down as he returns his attention to his hand.

"¿Esta roto? {Is it broken?" I ask him, walking to his side.

"Mm." he hums, holding his hand out for me to take it and look at it.

I analyze it and I touch the now swollen part of his hand, making him curse. "¡Mierda! {Fuck!}" he exclaims, careful not to wake the baby.

"I need to call a doctor for you." I say, looking down at him as he sits on the bed.

"No. Estaré bien. {No. I'll be fine.}"

"Stop being stubborn." I demand. He puts his hand down and holds it in his lap with his head down.

I sit down on the bed next to him and instant regret fills me. "I never should have said anything." I say, putting my head down, running my fingers through my hair.

Vixen looks over to me and his whole demeanor changes when I meet his eyes. "No, you should've." he says, looking at me concerned. Suddenly, he gets up and I follow him as he walks across the hall to Leo's room and opens the door.

He picks up a picture off his little desk and analyzes it. It's a picture of me naked and under the covers on top of Vixen, kissing him, my hair over my shoulder. He grabs another one and it's a picture of me getting out of the shower, no towel, no nothing on. Vixen drops the picture and rubs his middle finger and thumb over his forehead, stressed.. or disgusted with what he's seeing.

"We need to get out or I'm gonna end up shooting that bastard again." he says, storming out of his room and back into our room. "Matter of fact, I need a drink." he says, exiting the room. I notice that Aleah's awake, so I assume she's ready to eat, so I fix her a bottle while calling a doctor for Vixen and Leo.

Hours later, the doctor's put a small cast on Vixen's broken knuckle and he's tended to Leo's injuries, removing the bullet and all. When the doctor leaves, Vixen rises from his seat after taking a swig of his beer and he goes upstairs to Leo's room where he's at. He opens the door and Leo's head is down as he packs his things. I know what he did was wrong, very wrong, but I feel horrible for him. I feel guilty. But I have to remind myself that he had it coming.

"You have until nine. That gives you at least ten hours to figure out which one of our houses you want to stay in and to pack everything you have, down to accessories. I'll grant you housing, but that's the only thing you get from me. You have money, you have someplace to stay, you have clothing, everything you need to survive. I love you brother, but what you've done is unforgivable and I won't apologize for the way I acted, because I feel it was appropriate given my attitude, standards, and the situation. I wish you the very best, always, but I won't allow you to stay here in my home after this."

And with that, he closes the door and goes to sit in his office with Aleah on his chest, and me behind him, trying to give him some sense of comfort.