Aftermath

6 weeks later
--

Kyla's POV:
Vixen's still pissed about what happened with me and his best friend, Blaire I think it is. Yes. He's still upset. I've been trying not to think about it, but things have been awkward between us. We haven't been talking at all, and when we're with the boys, we only talk to them, but never each other. The problem here is, our pride is too strong to come up to each other and try and make it better, and we both know that, which is why I don't ever think this is going to end.

I sit in the living room, wearing one of Vixen's hoodies because whether I like it or not, I miss him. His scent and his warmth. Oh, that's right. I forgot to mention that we've been sleeping in separate rooms too. They're right next to each other. I don't know whether he was too tired to walk further than the next room, or if he just knew he couldn't stand being too far away from me. I think it's the second one, not trying to brag (yes I am.). I sit in the living room and me and the boys talk about the pregnancy.

"What's it like? Does it hurt?" Mark asks.

"No, it doesn't hurt. She just started kicking though and she's strong. That's the only thing that hurts. Heartburn's a bitch though." I say, rubbing my stomach, subconsciously.

"You don't know the gender yet, do you?" Z asks.

"No, not yet. I find out next month. Me and Vixen want it to be a girl. I just don't know if me and him will be past this by then. I wanted it to be something we were gonna be excited about, but us being where we are now takes all the excitement out of it." I say, sighing.

"Damn. I'm sorry Kyla." Z says.

"It's fine. You know what? I'm hungry. Which one of you wants to get me my watermelon balls and some ice cream?" I ask, laughing when they all shoot up to go and get my snacks.

I prop my head up on my hand and I smile as I continue rubbing my stomach. I hear footsteps coming toward the living room, and I look up and I find Vixen walking to the couch on the right side of the room, by the entryway.

"You're not going back to school." he says, suddenly.

I look up at him in shock. "What? What are you talking about?" I say.

"What I said. You're not going back. I meant to tell you after you came back."

"You can't do that! That-that's not fair!"

"Life's not fair. Deal with it." he says, not seeming to care.

"Vixen, school is my life. You can't take that away from me, not if I have a say in it."

"You don't. That's the point." he says, scrolling through his phone.

"If you're doing this out of spite-"

"Spite has nothing to do with this. I'm doing it because I need to."

"You can't make that decision for me. You know how much that degree means to me and you're making me throw all my hard work away! It isn't fair!"

"I already got the withdrawal forms. There's nothing you can do about it now. I'm doing this to protect you."

Anger rises inside me and I get up and march toward him.