Productive

4 days later
--

I wake up to Aleah crying next to me, so I get up and unclip my bra to start feeding her. As I lie back, I look over at the clock on my nightstand. It's 5 A.M. I look over to Vixen's side of the bed and he's fast asleep. He must be worn out, staying up all night to watch me and the baby sleep. I keep telling him that he doesn't have to stay up and that we'll be fine, but we both know he's gonna do it anyway.

As I feed Aleah, I feel Vixen shifting next to me. He turns over to me and throws his arm over my thighs to place his hand on my hip, putting his hand underneath my panties to touch my bare skin. Good god, both of them act like they want to live in my skin. When Leah unlatches, I put her on my shoulder and I pat her back softly and she burps and spits up some of the milk she drank.

"You drank too much, babe." I say, getting her burp cloth off the nightstand. I wipe my shoulder off and I wipe her mouth and then she's fast asleep on top of me.

I look from Vixen to her with a smile and I kiss her head while rubbing Vixen's arm. "I think you're already having an effect on him, Leah. I knew he was gonna be overprotective over you, but I didn't know it'd be this bad. He's even upped his overprotectiveness on me. I'm not complaining because that's the person your father is. I just hope you know that you're very loved and that mommy and daddy will do anything we can to keep you safe, no matter what." I say, tearing up.

I just can't believe that this is my life now after just a little over a year with Vixen. I can't believe we've come this far already. Now we have a wedding next year and then we'll be complete. I lie Aleah in between me and Vixen and I lie down next to him, falling asleep.

When I wake up again, Vixen's not in bed and neither is Aleah. I go downstairs and he's got a grey baby carrier around his body, holding Leah in it as he moves around the kitchen, cooking breakfast. I walk up behind him and I put my hands up his shirt, rubbing his stomach and feeling on his defined abs while lying on his back and kissing it.

"Good morning." he says, still focused on the omelette he's making.

"Good morning." I say back, walking around him to kiss him. I look down at the baby and I kiss her head before sitting at the island.

"So I was thinking." I say.

"Thinking about?" Vixen responds.

"I wanted to come with you to work today so I can work this baby belly off me."

"I love your baby belly."

"I look like someone's wrinkly mom at twenty years old." I say, pouting.

"You are someone's mom at twenty years old, not wrinkly, but still."

"Ughhh, come on. I wanna come with you, Vixen, please?"

"You'll have to wait about five more weeks for that." he says, a smile clear in his tone.

Ugh. I hate when he turns it around like that.

"I'm trying to be serious, Vixen. I really wanna go with you. Please? You can show me how everything works and stuff."

"Or you could hurt yourself and stuff." he murmurs.

"Mommy and daddy are fighting? That's something new." Mark says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Not arguing. It's called having a difference in opinion and talking about it." I say.

"Woah. Okay then, Ms. Scholar." Mark says, grabbing a piece of bacon and walking away.

I turn back to Vixen who's turning everything off. "I'm serious though, Vixen. I'm not some fragile toy that can be broken easily. I already told you, even before I had the baby that I didn't want to be stuck in the house being unproductive. Even if I can only go to the base with you, that'll be fine with me. I just just want out of here."

He doesn't say anything. He fixes my plate and sits it in front of me.

"Vixen?" I say.

He sighs and puts his hands over his face, sliding them down, looking at me. "Fine. Fine. You can come. I just want you being careful." he says, rubbing over the ring on my finger.

"I will. I promise." I say, lifting his fingers to my lips to kiss them. He pulls away and freezes.

"Oh God." he says, palming his face.

"What? What's wrong?" I say, looking up at him with a mouth full of pancakes.

"She's about to get mad. We've got another shitty diaper." he says.

"Welp, you like to be have her all the time. I guess you have to change it." I say, chuckling as I swallow my food.

"What? I always change the poop diapers!" he complains.

"You always have her when she's shitty, that's why." I say, laughing at his facial expression.

He groans and goes upstairs to change the baby, and when he comes back down, I'm almost finished eating breakfast.

"Leah, why's mommy making me do all the dirty work?" he asks, looking at Leah.

I look over to her and I start to baby talk her. "Say it's 'cause you're the daddy, daddy." I say, smiling and messing with her little feet covered by her onesie.

"Go get ready." Vixen says, smacking my ass as I walk by.

As I start to walk away, Aleah starts getting fussy and Vixen's rocking and shushing doesn't work. "Oh, come on. You've been good with me all morning, Leah."

"Time to eat, baby." I say, grabbing her and kissing Vixen before I go upstairs. I spend 15 minutes feeding and burping her, then I put her inside her bassinet on her stomach, next to the bed as she sleeps.

Exhaling deeply, I take my hair down from the bun it's in and I hum to myself as I run my fingers through my scalp, massaging it.

The bed goes down on one side and I feel Vixen's lips on my neck, his tongue darting out to lick my neck, making me moan a little. "Vixen, you know-"

"Yeah, I do. I just wanna love on you." he says, kissing me everywhere. My breath hitches in my throat as his hands run up my thighs.

"Breathe. We're not doing anything, Kyla. I promise. Besides, we wouldn't wanna wake her up." he says, moving my hair off my shoulder to expose the skin there.

His hands move to my head to softly massage my scalp like I was doing a second ago. "Okay. I need to shower." I say, breathing heavily.

"We both need to." he says, pulling my shirt over my head.