Advice

As I get my makeup and hair done, I look at Vixen in the mirror, sitting beside me, and he moves his head from the makeup brush, grunting. "Vixen, be still. It's not that bad." I say.

"Yes it is. I feel like a girl." he says, his anger clear in his tone.

"Ugh, relax." I say, rolling my eyes.

He eyes me in the mirror and I smile, putting my hand on his thigh. He stays still as the makeup artists does his makeup and by the time I finish getting my makeup done, Vixen's getting his tuxedo on. They only touched up his face a little bit, toning his jawline and his cheekbones, simple stuff like that. He finishes and puts his shoes on and kisses me before he walks out. Two women get me undressed, leaving on my underwear, and I cover up my chest area as they pull out a corset, tying it tight around my abdomen. They get my dress out and they put it on me and after that, they slide on my heels, and they put a little tiara on my head, and I go downstairs to meet Vixen.

 They get my dress out and they put it on me and after that, they slide on my heels, and they put a little tiara on my head, and I go downstairs to meet Vixen

When I walk dowstairs, Vixen looks up from his phone and his eyes are immediately glued to me and so are everyone else's

When I walk dowstairs, Vixen looks up from his phone and his eyes are immediately glued to me and so are everyone else's. "It's not everything, guys." I say, blushing.

"It's something." Kayno says, his eyes big.

"You look amazing." Vixen says, his eyes roaming me as I put my hand in his.

"And you look handsome." I say, my eyes roaming him.

"Why don't we leave?" Finn says.

"Let's go." Daxine says.

We get in the car and Vixen's chauffeur pulls off. When we arrive, Vixen puts his hand around my waist as we walk inside. When we finally get inside, I start to feel a little nervous.

"What do I do? Everyone looks so sophisticated. I'm feeling a little nervous." I say, looking around at all the black suits and all the dresses.

"Stand tall. Don't show them your fear. Put on a strong, serious face, but make it bright." he says, nodding to the people passing him.

"Who are these people?" I say, straightening up, my head high.

"That posture's good. These are just people from my other mafias around the world. These parties my dad throws, mostly, are for all of my mafias to get closer and build with each other, but among them, are some other bosses." he says, his hand on my hip.

"So what am I here for?" I ask, looking around, smiling at everyone who passes me.

"Just get to know the wives. It's good for business and trade." Vixen says.

"How do I know who's who? I don't want to strain my eyes trying to look for rings."

"The rings are hard to miss. When we buy wedding rings, engagement rings, hell, even promise rings, we go all out. It's better for the wives. They have husbands to spoil them. Then it's a good look for the husband. It shows off his wealth."

I look at one of the women's hands and her ring is huge. "God. You're right." I say, my eyes big and focused on the ring.

"Ah, Mr. Reed." a voice calls.

"Thomas. Nice to see you." Vixen responds.

"And who's this beautiful woman?" he says, looking me up and down, a hungry look on his face.

"My girlfriend. Kyla Augestine." he says, introducing me.

Why did he address me as his girlfriend to someone in public? I know I didn't have a problem with it before, but that's only because it was at home. Everyone at home knows we're engaged, practically. But I thought I was his fiancé to the outside world.

I guess not.

"Augestine? Another powerful mafia, huh? My wife would love to meet her. Give me a second." this 'Thomas' says.

He leaves and brings back his wife and she looks at me, her eyes bright. "Oh my god! You look amazing! Who are you?" she says, pulling me to the side.

"Kyla Augestine. You?"

"Christine Doudley. Drink?"

"Oh no. I'm okay." I say, putting my hand to my stomach.

"You're pregnant. That's amazing! My husband mentioned you were with Vixen. His.. girlfriend, right?"

"Yes." I say, smiling a little as I look over to Vixen, drinking and conversating with everyone else. I look at him drearily, admiring him from a distance.

"God, the way you look at him. You're falling hard, aren't you?" she says.

I guess I am.

"Uh.. yeah. I don't know how but.. I am." I respond.

"It was like that with Thomas. Instant attraction with him. He was everything I wanted."

"How's the married life?" I ask, smiling.

"It's good. Amazing. When you have someone you love as much as we love each other, it's easy to live with each other. Yeah, we argue, we fight, but in the end, he's my husband, and I love him with everything I have in me. It feels good knowing I have him for the rest of my life, and vice versa. It was hard, getting to love him, but it gets easier. All you need is time." she says, eyeing her husband from across the room. "But Vixen, in love? I've never seen it before and I've been around several years. Can I let you in on a secret?" she says, looking at me.

"Yeah, of course." I say.

"Vixen's a tough man, as you've already seen. He's aggressive and he doesn't budge very easily, and the simple fact that he's let you in is a shock to everyone who knows him, and that says a lot about you and the effect you have on him. So just don't hurt him. He's let you too far in for you to just take advantage of it."

"No. Never." I say, shaking my head.