Illicit Affairs

I had another date with Regulus, in secret, of course. We were planning on skipping class for Care Of Magical Creatures after lunch. I waited in my dorm for Regulus so we could meet up and we could sneak out before class. 

I did my hair and makeup nicely for Regulus, then I waited on my bed, reading that muggle book I found on the train last winter break. I felt like I was waiting for hours, but I know it was just nerves. 

All of a sudden, I heard a knock at the door, and I ran over excitedly, knowing exactly who it was. I opened the door, and saw Regulus standing in the hall with a smirk on his face. 

"You look nice." He commented. 

"Thanks." I said. 

"Are you ready to go?"

"I think so." I told him. "Let me just write a note so the girls don't think I died or anything."

"That's a good idea." Regulus chuckled.

He sat down on my bed as I grabbed a piece of parchement and a fountain pen from my nightstand. 

I sat down next to him and started writing. 

In case you're worried, I skipped class on a whim. I promise I'll be back by tonight, and if I'm not, I'll be back by tomorrow night. 

- Rose 

As I finished the note, thoughts started running through my head about what Marlene said to me the other night. I thought about how she's worried Regulus is just using me or something, which struck fear in me too. 

I paused as I set the letter down on my pillow for the girls to see later. I took a breath, trying to stop myself from worrying. Of course, it didn't work, and I was still paranoid about everything. 

"Can we just wait here?" I asked Regulus as I laid my head down on his shoulder. "Just like this?"

"Wait for what?" He asked with a soft, confused laugh.

"I don't know, I just want to stay here like this."

"Are you alright?"

"I don't know." I told him. "I guess something Marlene said got in my head."

"What did she say?"

I sighed, then lifted my head off of his shoulder. I moved my hair to one side of my head and looked Regulus in his eyes. "You're not just like, using me, right?"

"If I was, I doubt I would just tell you like that." He joked. 

"That's not funny." I told him, stifling a smile.

"I know." Regulus said. "Do you really believe I'm using you?"

"I don't think so, but you're not answering my question."

"Why would I be using you?"

"Don't make me feel stupid." I told him. "Right now, you're making me think you are using me."

"Baby, why would I use you and risk losing you?" 

I wanted to scream at him. I didn't know why since I trusted him, but his aversion to answering me only filled me with frustration and fear. 

"Don't call me baby. Just answer the question." I told him. "I mean, clearly I want to know. Look at this godforsaken mess that you've made me."

"And look at this idiotic fool that you've made me. I love it. I'm not using you for anything. You drive me mad, but I like it. I wouldn't want anyone else, because no one else makes me feel the way you do."

"Then why wouldn't you just answer me?" I asked, feeling like I was about to start crying. "And why do we just have to be clandestine meetings and stolen stares?"

He gently pulled my head back onto his shoulder and then kissed the top of my head. 

"Who said we have to be that way?" He asked. "If you want us to be public and everything, then that's what we'll be." 

I lifted my head again and looked at him. "Really?" I asked.

"Whatever you want."

I smiled happily, then leaned over and kissed him quickly. Once I pulled back, a smile now covered his face as well. 

"Now, do you still want to skip class together?" He asked. 

"Yeah, I do." I told him, placing the toppled note back on my pillow and standing up to leave. 

a/n: So I think this is kind of a cute chapter

a/n: So I think this is kind of a cute chapter. And I'm still sticking to a sort of posting schedule so I'm pretty happy and I'm posting now. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter! It took me so long to write for no reason, but I like the end result and I hope you do too!