I Was All Over Her

I needed something to take my mind off everything. It's been a week since I broke up with Sirius and I'm still really emotional about it. 

A few days ago, I had heard from a girl in my Herbology class about a party type thing that was going on in the Ravenclaw common room tonight and decided it was just what I needed. None of my close friends are in Ravenclaw, so I would have a break from everyone I know for a night, or so I thought. 

I wanted to look nice for the party, so I put on a little black dress that made me feel pretty, and I wore it with a white tee shirt underneath because the dress only had thin, quarter-inch straps. I put on my mother's old locket and a little bit of makeup and made my way to the Ravenclaw common room.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once I got to the party, I noticed that the Ravenclaws have a much cuter common room than us Gryffindors. I've been to Ravenclaw parties before, but I've never come alone. The whole place seemed different than what I remembered. The people there, the music, even down to the vibe of the party. 

It was less of a party than what I remembered. It's more people just sitting around and talking.

I thought about leaving from the moment I walked in, but the party was still something to take my mind off of everything, so I stayed.

Just when I thought I didn't know anyone there, I saw Peter Pettigrew sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette. I decided to walk over to him, so I would have someone to talk to that I wouldn't have to meet right now.

"Hey." I said, smoothing out my the back of the skirt of my dress as I sat down on one of the softest couches I've ever felt.

"Hey, Duskridge." He said, taking the cigarette out of his mouth. "You look nice."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know who looks like shit right now though?"

"Don't say it." I told him. "I don't want to hear it."

"Wow. You broke his heart and now you don't want anything to do with him. That's cold."

Did I really break his heart? Or was Peter just being an ass? I hated this conversation, but I don't talk to anyone else here.

"Are Ravenclaw parties usually like this?" I asked him, quickly changing the subject. "I feel like remember them being cooler."

"Oh, the ones you've been to are outliers. They're usually more just like drug-fueled make-out sessions."

I stared at him in confusion and a little bit of fear. If he was serious, I would definitely want to get out of here while I could.

"Well you don't have to do drugs if you don't want." Peter said.

"Oh, well-" I stuttered.

"I'm kidding." He said. "The party is just more chill than usual. It's still fun, though."

Peter held out his cigarette, offering it to me.

I considered taking it, even though I don't smoke. But then I remembered I told Sirius I wouldn't, and I declined Peter's offer.

"Do you think it was Remus who broke you two up?" He asked bluntly.

It caught me off guard. I already said I didn't want to talk about Sirius.

"I'm not answering any stupid questions like that." I told him.

"It's not a stupid question. Do you think you and Sirius would still be together if it weren't for Remus?"

"Yes." I confessed.

"When did it start?"

"Um, one time we were all hanging out and I just noticed that Sirius wasn't paying any attention to me." I told him. "Like they didn't make out, or do anything, but I just remember, Sirius was all over him."

"Wow." Peter said.

"And it just went one like that for a while. So I had to stop it. For both of us."

"Sounds like you should be the heartbroken one."

"Alright, I'm done." I said, standing up, ready to leave.

Peter grabbed my wrist before I could walk away.

"I'm sorry, I don't have any friends here either." He said, letting go of my arm.

"Fine, I'll stay." I said. "But no more stupid questions."

a/n: Welp, you can tell I'm really out of inspiration and I'm really in desperate need of filler because this chapter is super boring and dumb and I didn't think I was going to have to turn to Peter chapters

a/n: Welp, you can tell I'm really out of inspiration and I'm really in desperate need of filler because this chapter is super boring and dumb and I didn't think I was going to have to turn to Peter chapters. But this one is still okay, I guess.

Also, I finally started my Regulus story, so go check it out! It's called Philophobia and I think you guys will really like it!