Still Into You

James, Lily, Regulus, and I are all in the same Charms class. We all stay together during class, but when we were dismissed early today, James and Lily wanted to go to lunch early, and Regulus and I chose to stay by the classroom. 

We wanted to stay and hang out in the classroom the way we did last year, but this year, Professor Fliwick started locking the classroom door when everybody left, so Regulus and I stayed outside in the empty courtyard.

"Okay, now that they're gone, I can be honest." Regulus said, unprompted. "Lily and James make me laugh sometimes with their weird couple stuff."

That made me laugh. I had no idea what he was going to say at first, but I wasn't expecting that. 

"Me too, if I'm being honest. But, I still think they're cute." I giggled. "I'm not surprised you hate it, though."

"And why would that be?" He asked. 

"You know." I told him. 

"No. Tell me."

I sighed. "I wouldn't think of you as the relationship type. You wouldn't even stay overnight in Massachusetts, so I wouldn't expect you to be the 'strings attached', public affection kind of guy."

He raised an eyebrow, implying otherwise.

"Are you?" I asked.

"I might be." He said. 

I could feel my stomach tie itself into a knot. Regulus is my friend, I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm just not. I tried to stop myself from blushing. I hid my smile and tried talking to hide everything, even though I am terrible at finding a way out of these things.

"You would really go out on dates with someone? Hold their hand? Be there for them?" I asked.

I knew the answer, though. I knew that he would be a great boyfriend if someone gave him the chance.

"If I found the right person, yes." He said.

"Well, that sounds like fun." I said with a smile I couldn't contain anymore. "Maybe I should just place a love spell on you to reap all of those benefits."

"You could try." He said with a cheeky grin. "But, I doubt you would get very far without your wand."

I immediately went to check the pocket of my robe, where I keep my wand during the school day, and sure enough, it was empty. After noticing me looking for my wand, Regulus smirked and held his hand in front of me. 

In his left hand was a wand. My wand, the thin aspen wand with roses carved into the handle of it.

"How did you-" I started to ask, confused as to how he stole my wand out of my own pocket without me noticing. 

"We may be at a school for magic, but I'm not past a little sleight of hand." He said.

"Give it back!" I said playfully.

"Come and get it."

I bit my lip, then stretched to try and reach the wand that Regulus was holding in the air, above his head. Regulus laughed at my struggle as I tried to grab my wand back from him. 

"You prick." I muttered as he stretched his arm even farther from me. 

I stopped reaching for the wand, and instead sat back down on the grass. I held my hand out and tried to hide my smile so Regulus would give it back. 

He took the hint, and dropped his arm. As he gave my wand back to me, he dropped his own hand into mine and wove his fingers between mine. 

When our fingers interlocked, I almost couldn't deny my feelings anymore. But I had to. Instead of admitting anything, I just looked over at Regulus, who was still holding my hand, and let out a tiny smile. 

"Thank you." I said. "Now, was that so difficult?"

a/n: Ok, so I lied before, and I'm not going to be posting a chapter of Symphony every day

a/n: Ok, so I lied before, and I'm not going to be posting a chapter of Symphony every day. I'm going to be posting every other day, because I'm alternating between this and Philophobia. But, I'm still posting new content every day (as long as I'm not too busy) and that's still pretty good so I promise this story will be done in a few weeks max.