While the rest continued to converse with the curiosity of Hisoka's affection, the two of you, side by side..

Entered the room.

Peeling a small potion of the blanket off the bed to let Hisoka lay her down. You sat on the edge, and brushed Maleeka's beautiful red hair that seemed to darken into a deep red with age away from her face.

"Mom.." She tiredly mumbled.

"Yes my love?" You acknowledged tenderly.

"You are feeling sad and nervous. I can sense it." She said, rather surprising Hisoka. Feeling sad and nervous was the last thing he expected you to feel.

Ghostly smiling, you gently pinched her cheeks. "Mummy is fine. You are just tired."  You lied.

"Mum, I grew up barely 30 centimetres from you - going through everything with you. And I've been inside your stomach for nine months. I think I'm qualified to know what you feel." Her cheeky self stated despite being in a dwell.

Humming thoughtfully, coming up with an answer. You laid down next her - tenderly caressing her cheek to make her open her father-like eyes.

"Okay I'll tell you what's wrong." You whispered, getting her attention.

"Mummy is worried about you." You honestly said. Even though your sadness and stress came from Hisoka possibly hurting you again. You were worried about Maleeka and what was going through her mind.

"Why are you worried about me?" She cutely asked, blinking slow and attentively.

"Because I know everything that has happened since.. You know.." You uncomfortably trailed off.

"You and daddy had a fight? Destroyed the house in the process." She bluntly answered for you.

Swallowing dryly, "Yes...Everything that happened since then probably did affect you. Want to share with mummy what you thinking?" You lowly asked. Checking in with Maleeka was long overdue.

Feeling complied, Hisoka silently sat on the edge of the bed - looking at you with ever such distant eyes.

"Hm.."

"I guess I find myself thinking about the fact I was a mistake..." She finally opened up.

With a sinking heart, you glanced up at Hisoka with guilt stricken eyes.

Pulling her tiny body closer to you, engulfing her in your embrace. "Maleeka can I tell you something?" You enquired with a distant but warm undertone.

Feeling her nod against your chest, you tried to ignore the fact Hisoka was right there because you knew what you were going to say right now would be a sensitive topic for him.

"I believe you weren't a mistake, because when your dad and I made you..We.."

Suppressing your nerves, you closed your eyes to shut your view of the Joker.

"..We made you out of love." You finally dropped the L penny again.

Ignoring your aggressive heartbeat, you continued to speak. "Back then. I was a girl that has never been with a guy. I didn't want to ever be with a guy like that. I wanted to study first. Work. Then eventually get married. I've always known I could only love one man in my lifetime.  I'm a one man type of woman you know?"

"And your dad..Well, let's just say your dad was the opposite of me. And the feeling of love, didn't really..exist in your father's algorithm." You attempted to euphemise his manwhore lifestyle.

"But." You breathlessly halted. Slowly getting sucked back in time to that day Hisoka respectfully made love to you.

"Your father came along, and I didn't worry about sticking to my plan. I went through a lot of issues back in high school and Hisoka was always the one that helped me through them. Slowly but surely, he wormed his way into my heart. And because I was always such a cautious girl in high school. When your father and I.., got together." You purposely avoided saying sex.