The problem with adrenaline P2

This one's for timdrakeisnotwhelmed I hope you enjoy
———————————————————————————

'It'll be better by morning,' was what Dick had told himself, convinced that his foot had just been badly sprained, and that it would heal itself with a bit of rest.

However that was not the case as Dick's foot seemed to hurt even worse when he woke up only a few hours after actually falling asleep in the first place.

Dick chewed his lip, trying to keep quiet as he cried from the intense pain in his foot. He glanced to his right to see that Jason was still peacefully sleeping, and for a moment he considered waking him.

The thought was instantly abandoned when Dick saw the dark bags under Jason's eyes. He needed his sleep.

Dick grit his teeth and shifted on the bed, scooting himself up against Jason's warm strong chest.

That was better.

Jason stirred slightly, wrapping an arm around Dick's waist.

Dick closed his eyes, ignoring the pain in his foot. Instead he imagined that Jason was carding his fingers through his hair and whispering sweet nothings into his ear. A small smile spread on his face despite the tears still running down his cheeks, and he soon fell into a restless sleep.

Jason noticed Dick's shoulders trembling slightly when he woke up, and he tightened his hold on the elder. "How's your foot bluebird?" He asked.

Dick sniffled slightly, lifting a hand to rub at his tear stained face. "Hurts," he mumbled.

Jason placed a kiss behind Dick's ear. "You want me to get Alfred or should I get Bruce?" He asked.

Dick paused for a moment. "Both of them please," he said.

Jason carefully crawled out of bed, doing his best not to jostle his boyfriend. "I'll be right back Dickie," he assured before leaving the room.

A few moments later Jason was back with both Bruce and Alfred in tow. He let the two adults into the room, closing the door before Tim and Damian, who'd been tailing behind, could enter.

Dick had gotten himself into a sitting position on the bed and was staring very intently at his hands.

"Master Jason has told us you require our assistance with something," Alfred said.

Dick nodded, never looking up.

"What's wrong?" Bruce asked.

"I... my foot got hurt last night on patrol," Dick finally mumbled.

Alfred stepped forward. "Would you mind if I take a look?" He asked.

Dick nodded slowly, his gaze shifting to his wrapped foot that seemed to have swollen even more over night.

Alfred was as gentle as could be as he unwrapped the swollen appendage, but each touch, no matter how light, sent waves of pain up Dick's leg.

Both Bruce and Jason gasped in surprise when they saw the near black bruising that covered Dick's swollen foot.

Dick whimpered quietly.

"Master Dick. I'm going to have to palpate your foot to feel if anything's broken," Alfred said with an apologetic look.

Dick nodded, looking pleadingly at Jason.

Jason seemed to know what his boyfriend wanted and came around to sit next to him on the bed. He grabbed one of Dick's hands in his own and held it tightly.

Dick's vise-like grip nearly crushed Jason's hand when Alfred first started feeling and moving his foot. Fresh tears fell from his eyes as he was nearly blinded by pain. "Ow..." he whimpered, his breath becoming slightly uneven.

Alfred bent Dick's foot up slightly, and the acrobat passed out.

Jason immediately freaked out, feeling for a pulse.

"He's simply unconscious... poor boy," Alfred muttered as he finished his examination of the foot. "I do believe one or two of the metatarsals in his foot have been broken and seriously aggravated, most likely from continuing to use his foot after it had been broken."

Jason and Bruce shared a look. Ignoring injuries was such a Dick Grayson thing to do.

"I believe he'll need a corrective surgery. One I am certainly not qualified to perform..." Alfred said. "I suggest you get him to a hospital."

Dick woke up in significantly less pain. He was laying on a comfortable bed in a nearly completely white room that gave off strong hospital vibes.

"How was the nap sleeping beauty?" Tim asked.

Jason glared at the younger and took one of Dick's hands in his own. "Your foot feel better Dickie?" He asked.

"Ya," Dick said, glancing down to his foot that was now covered by a hard blue cast. "Wha... what happened?" He asked.

"You had a surgery to correct your broken foot," Damian said. "You should be able to return to full capacity in a manner of months."

Dick blinked, looking around the room once again. "Where's Bruce... a-and where's Alfred?" He asked.

"Bruce is... at his nightly activity... and Alfred's back at the manor," Jason said.

"So what happened this time?" Tim asked. "To cause this injury I mean. Did you trip on your own feet again or was it on the flat ground?"

Dick's brows furrowed. "I—

"Maybe your parents should've let you have more time on the ground so you'd at least know how to walk right," Tim interrupted.

Damian looked back and forth between Tim and Dick, a slight furrow in his brow.

"Tim, shut up," Jason growled.

"Ya ok... I just have one more question for Bigfoot here. So when you called Jason to come carry you back to bed was it because you were too lazy to get up there yourself? Or was it because you were practicing being the damsel in distress again?" Tim asked.

Hurt flashed across Dick's face and he turned away to hide the tears that were gathering in his eyes.

A loud slap echoed in the hospital room followed by a thud as Tim fell out of his chair, reaching up to touch the red handprint on his face gingerly.

Jason stood over the younger boy, his face hardened into an intense glare. "Get out," he demanded, pointing towards the door.

"But—

"I don't care," Jason growled. "Get out of here before I slap you again. You don't ever talk to anyone like that understand? Least of all your own brother, MY boyfriend. Get it?"

"Got it." Tim gulped, getting up and scurrying towards the door.

"Good."

Tim quickly left the room, scared of what would happen if he didn't.

Jason turned back to Dick and Damian, his face softening. "Dickie... ignore everything that little empty toilet paper roll said. Like I told you before. There is nothing wrong with getting hurt and there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help... That goes for you too Damian."

Both Dick and Damian nodded and Jason smiled softly. "Good... now, who's ready for some cast signing?" He asked, pulling a sharpie from his back pocket.

Damian eagerly jumped forward. "I am! I am!" He shouted excitedly, immediately turning bashful when he realized what he'd just done. "I mean... I would like to draw on Grayson's cast," he said.

Jason chuckled and ruffled the younger's hair. "Go for it Dami."