Your mom

❤️
———————————————————————————

"Looks like you finally got what you deserved Dami," Dick joked as he steered his animated car through the finish line just ahead of Damian's.

Damian scoffed. "Your mom got what she deserved," he repeated as he'd heard so many other teens at his school saying recently.

Dick froze and Tim spewed the coffee he'd just sipped across the room.

Tears were gathering in Dick's eyes, and he rose unsteadily to his feet before running out of the room.

"What the heck was that?" Tim shouted angrily.

Damian flinched at Tim's tone of voice, not quite understanding what he'd just done. "The people at school say it all the time... it's supposed to be a joke," he muttered.

"Damian! Did you even hear what you just said?" Tim shouted, stomping over to his younger brother and glaring down at him. "You just said that his mom got what she deserved! Joke or not, you just said that his mom deserved to die!"

"I... It was a joke," Damian said feebly.

"Do you think Dick took it as a joke?" Tim fumed.

Damian paled slightly. "No," he said quietly.

"Go and apologize right now," Tim growled, pointing to the stairs that Dick had ran up.

Damian trudged up the stairs with his head hung low. He bit his lip as he knocked on the door. "Grayson?" He called out. "I... I'm sorry... It was just a joke, I didn't mean what I said."

There was no answer from inside the room.

"Grayson?" Damian called again. "I'm going to come in."

Damian slowly opened the door, gasping quietly when he saw that Dick was nowhere to be seen and that the window was wide open.

"Dick's gone," he gasped when he got back to the living room where Tim was waiting.

Tim swore. "This is bad... we need to go look for him. Go get your suit on and call Bruce, I'll call Jay," he said firmly, pulling out his phone and selecting Jason's number.

"Sup replacement," Jason answered.

"Dick's missing. He ran off after Dami made a your mom joke," Tim said, running a hand down his face. He heard shuffling and the sound of muffled swears from the other line.

"I leave the manor for one night," Jason muttered. "Masks or no masks?" He asked.

"Masks," Tim replied.

"Alright... Hood out," Jason said, disconnecting the line.

Tim let out a sigh, hoping Dick would be alright... cuz if he wasn't... there's no telling what Jason might do to Damian.

The one thing worse than trying to find someone trained by the bat is trying to find them in the rain.

Jason sprinted across rooftops, grateful for the water repellent spray he'd made sure to coat his leather jacket with.

The vigilante had been searching for his brother for hours now. As time had gone on the weather had turned south, starting off with a pelting rain, but currently looking like it was on the verge of snow.

"Anyone found anything?" Jason said into his comms.

A chorus of no's came through his earpiece.

Jason grumbled under his breath before checking the weather forecast on his helmet's screen. Crap... it was only supposed to get colder.

They needed to find Dick, and find him fast.