The last falling Grayson

This one's for Rishi951 ... I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but I hope you still like it.

Also I was going to end it differently... but I decided to be evil so... timdrakeisnotwhelmed you're welcome
———————————————————————————

Dick stood in a corner of the cave near a lonely desk. He bit his lip as he tried to hold in the tears that were always abundant during this particular day of the year.

A cold breeze wafted through the dimly lit cave and Dick flipped up the hood of the sweatshirt that he'd borrowed from Jason, wrapping his arms around himself to preserve a bit more heat.

The sound of racing footsteps proceeded Alfred as the butler raced down into the cave with his arms filled with medical supplies. He stopped to dim the lights further before rushing towards the area of the cave he typically used as a med bay.

Dick spun around when he heard the batmobile screech to a halt and saw Bruce and Tim jump out, Alfred quickly grabbing Damian who pressed his eyes shut and brought up a hand to block out the very dimmed lights of the cave.

Concern for his brother almost made Dick head over to help, but he froze in place when he saw Bruce stomping towards him angrily.

Dick flinched as Bruce slammed his hand down on the table next to him.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" Bruce growled.

Dick scrambled for an answer, but he couldn't quite think of what Bruce could be talking about.

"You nearly got Damian killed!" Bruce shouted.

Dick was confused. He had no idea what Bruce was talking about. He hadn't even interacted with Damian for months. "I don't know what you're talking—

Bruce's hand hit Dick's face, cutting off what he'd been trying to say. "Don't you dare sit there and pretend that you don't know what you've done. You've been the cause of too many deaths already and I won't have you adding my son to the list!" He shouted.

Tears spilled down Dick's cheeks. Was Bruce saying... no... he wouldn't... he didn't blame Dick for the death of his parents... he wouldn't... on the anniversary of the day they died no less... would he?

"Get out," Bruce growled, pointing towards the cave's exit.

Dick immediately ran to his motorcycle. As he ran he tripped over a rock and fell to one knee. He quickly jumped to his feet, shooting a quick glance behind him before jumping on his bike and speeding out of the cave.

Jason drove into the cave no less than thirty minutes after Dick had left. He supposed he should apologize to Damian for leading him into a trap which he himself hadn't been caught in. Besides, Dick hadn't been at their apartment and he needed to check up on him.

Damian was asleep on a medical bed. He had a padded sleep mask covering his eyes, and Bruce was sitting on a chair next to him.

"Jason," Bruce growled as he approached. "I told you to get out."

"Uh... no you didn't," Jason said, folding his arms over his chest, a look of slight confusion on his face.

"Yes I..." Bruce stopped mid sentence, his face turning white. He looked up at Jason. "Please tell me that was you I was yelling at earlier," he said, his voice close to a whisper.

Jason shook his head, still confused.

"What have I done?" Bruce said, his breathing picking up as he realized what had happened. In the cave's dim lighting he'd mistaken Dick for Jason...

"What's going on?" Jason asked, stepping closer.

"I... I mistook Dick for... for you... and... and... oh I'm such a horrible person..." Bruce weaved his fingers into his hair, tugging slightly when he realized just how much damage he'd probably done to his eldest.

"What did you do?" Jason asked, Bruce's panic setting him on edge.

"I... I said..." Bruce paused.

"What did you say," Jason demanded.

"I said he... he'd been the cause of too many deaths... and... and I didn't want to add Damian to that list too..." Bruce finally said.

"You... you didn't... you wouldn't..." Jason breathed, his eyes widening. "Today's the anniversary... he... oh gosh... what have you done?"

Bruce hung his head.

"We have to go find him," Jason said firmly. "Who knows where he's gone or what he's done."

Bruce nodded.

"I'm taking one of your cars," Jason said, not even looking back to see Bruce's numb nod.

The one place Jason knew to check was the graveyard. When he got there he was relieved to see that Dick's motorcycle had been dumped at the side of the road.

Jason made his way through the rows of graves. He followed the same path he always did when he decided to visit his own grave.

The graveyard was silent as Jason approached the graves of Mary and John Grayson... but something was wrong. Dick was supposed to be there... but he wasn't...

Jason looked around the empty graveyard, his eyes eventually drawn back to the gravestones of Dick's parents, and the fresh blood that was splattered on them. There was a body sized indent in the grass and the signs of what seemed to be a struggle between a few people.

A pit of anxiety grew in Jason's stomach. He really needed to find his boyfriend.

Bruce and Tim scoured the city while Jason headed to the only other place he could think that the acrobat would've gone... that is if he hadn't been captured.

Jason arrived at the old circus grounds and hopped out of Bruce's car. He shone a flashlight over the billboards that still advertised Haly's circus. He walked around the ghostly silent grounds, peeking into the small tent that had been left behind.

Finding nothing, Jason turned to leave when something caught his eye.

There was what looked to be a train car that had been left behind.

Jason approached, not seeing anything out of the ordinary... that was until he walked to the other side.

Bile rose in Jason's throat and he gasped in horror as he took in the sight in front of him.

Dick's broken body had been chained to the side of the train car, and blood red words read, 'The last falling Grayson."

A small face card was wedged into the wood beneath the words... a face card with the picture of a joker.