Accusations

I've had this one as a draft for a loooong time so it might be a little badly written...

Also warning, this chapter deals with the aftermath of assault and rape, so ya... if those themes upset you I thought I'd put a warning here just in case
———————————————————————————

The moment Dick opened his eyes he remembered... everything that had happened in the past few hours came back to slap him in the face. He remembered Blockbuster... and Catalina...

Immediately Dick's breath hitched. He felt dirty, and he was so confused. Where was he?

Dick tried to sit up better, to move around and see where he was. He stopped when he heard the clinking of chains. He suddenly recognized where he was.

The back of a Blüdhaven city police cruiser.

"What's going on?" Dick whimpered, noticing the throbbing of his head.

There was no reply from the driver of the car...

Dick flinched as a cop laid a hand on his shoulder, the contact bringing him back to what had happened earlier that night. "No... d-don't touch me," he said quietly, trying to move away.

"He's not cooperating Chief, what should we do?" A female voice asked.

The voices around him drifted off and suddenly Dick was back on the rooftop with her...

Two sets of hands grabbed Dick, dragging him into the police station.

Dick went limp in their grasp, too terrified to struggle or yell. He simply whispered "no," over and over.

The two officers put Dick in a holding cell, one he would stay in until his trial for the assault of Catalina Flores.

Everyone in the court room stared at Dick with disgust in their eyes. Everyone except his late partner on the police force; detective Marcus Delaney.

Delaney observed the room with a laser focus, noticing Dick's panicked breathing and trembling muscles. He noticed how Dick flinched whenever he was touched and how his breath caught every time he heard a female voice. He noticed how Catalina seemed completely fine other than the tears that rolled down her cheeks as appropriate intervals... so when the verdict was called and Dick was sentenced to 20 years in prison, not everyone was convinced of Dick's guilt... and Catalina's innocence.

Dick needed help. Every day he felt like he was living in a panic attack. Every touch, every voice brought him back to that rooftop...

He felt so dirty, and the two minutes of cold water he got to shower was never enough to wash the feeling of Catalina's hands off of his skin.

He eventually pieced together what must've happened, how Catalina had knocked him unconscious and reversed their rolls in her story to the police...

If Dick had've been in a better frame of mind he might've been grateful that Catalina hadn't exposed his identity as Nightwing to the world, but he couldn't bring himself to even be thankful for the small things at this point.

Dick was led into a white room and sat down in front of a small table. He sat there shaking, his shoulders hunched in.

The officer that led him in grabbed one wrist and unlocked it from his standard set of handcuffs. She pinned it to the table to lock in place, and Dick flinched violently, his breathing coming in gasps and tears running down his gaunt cheeks. The officer simply huffed and locked his other wrist in place.