Not all fun and games

Guys this book is #1 in JayDick! Thank you to all you amazing readers!!!
———————————————————————————

Dick stepped into the cave, wincing as the movement from walking pulled at his stitches and aggravated his broken ribs.

He'd gotten severely injured during the last night's patrol, and now he had to come babysit the junior justice league.

The cave was abnormally quiet, and the team was nowhere to be found, so Dick decided to hobble to the couch and wait for them to make themselves known.

"Always expect the unexpected!" Bart shouted, throwing a cushion at Dick which successfully knocked the older vigilante onto his back.

The air left Dick's lungs with a whoosh, and he gasped, his injuries from the day before lighting up in pain.

Before Dick could get back to his feet he was pinned down by multiple young heroes sitting on him.

They laughed as they tickled him mercilessly.

Dick squirmed under their tickle attack, letting out a muffled cry of pain that was covered by the laughter of those tickling him.

The breath left Dick's lungs as one hero jumped onto his chest, starting a dogpile.

Dick's vision started going black and he panicked as he couldn't seem to get a good breath. "Stop," he wheezed, the plea too quiet for anyone to hear.

Pain shot through dick's side and he felt a few of his stitches pop.

Worming his hand down to his belt, Dick pressed his emergency beacon, hoping someone would come save him.

Jason glanced at the flashing blue bird symbol on his helmet's display. It was Dick's emergency beacon...

The beacon was coming from the cave.

Jason immediately rushed to the nearest zeta tube and typed in the code for the cave.

Laughter filled the cave when Jason stepped inside. His first thought was the joker, but then he noticed the pile of children on top of his weakly struggling boyfriend.

"Stop! You're hurting him!" Jason shouted as he ran over, practically throwing kids off of his boyfriend.

The young heroes silently got to their feet, guilt and shame welling up inside them as they saw Dick curled up in pain on the floor.

Jason knelt at his boyfriend's side, gently brushing Dick's hair from his eyes. "Bluebird, tell me where it hurts," Jason said.

Dick gasped, still having trouble catching his breath. "Here," he mumbled, his voice barely a whisper as he moved his hand to his side.

"Your stitches?" Jason asked.

Dick nodded.

"I'm gonna pick you up ok?" Jason said.

Dick hesitated for a moment before nodding.

Jason quickly scooped him up and made his way towards the cave's med bay.

A few minutes later Tim rushed into the cave. "Where's Nightwing?" He demanded. "His emergency beacon went off a few minutes ago."

"Uh... he's in the med bay with this random guy..." Bart said.

Tim immediately turned and ran off.

The team turned to look at each other. If Robin had received an emergency alert from Nightwing... Batman was bound to show up too... meaning they were all as good as dead.

After delivering a very long lecture to the younger members of the young justice and scaring them all nearly to death, Bruce walked into the small sterile room that his three sons currently occupied.

Dick smiled at Bruce, his mind slightly dulled by the pain meds Jason had given him.

Bruce stood at the bedside of his eldest, examining the fresh bandages that wrapped around his torso.

"How many of 'em cried?" Jason asked, leaning his chair back onto two legs.

Bruce smirked. "All of them," he said.

Jason laughed and Tim rolled his eyes.

"Jay, don't lean back on the chair like that," Dick said, peering over at Jason. "I prefer you with your brains inside of your head."

Tim snorted as Jason's chair dropped back onto all four legs.

The four chatted and joked for a while before Bruce looked over at the clock. "Time for us to go Tim," he said.

"And you," Bruce said to Jason on his way out the door.

Jason stiffened slightly.

"Take care of him," Bruce finished, gesturing to Dick who was messing around with his IV line.

Jason relaxed and he nodded at Bruce. "I will."

Once Bruce and Tim were gone Dick turned to Jason. "Thanks for rescuing me earlier," he said. "You're like my night in shining spandex."

Jason chuckled. "What does that make you then? The fair maiden in distress?"

Dick's face flushed. "No," he said.

"Alright princess," Jason teased, giving Dick a quick peck on the lips.

Dick blushed furiously, and he ducked his head to try and cover the redness of his cheeks.

Jason laughed. "What's the matter Dickiebird? Didn't like the nickname or didn't like the kiss?"

Dick turned his scarlet face back towards Jason's. "I can't quite decide," he said. "How about you kiss me again so I can know which one I prefer."

"Ok princess," Jason said, leaning down and kissing his boyfriend once again.