Don't leave me

Dick flopped down onto his and Jason's bed with a grunt, allowing his eyes to slip closed like they seemed to want to do.

Jason's side of the bed was noticeably empty, so Dick curled up by himself on the soft bed, pulling the blanket tight around him and falling into a peaceful slumber.

Jason's brows furrowed when he finally stepped into his room. There was a metallic scent in the air that made him uneasy. He thought for a moment about waking Dick up to get his opinion on the smell, he did after all have his weird enhanced senses... He immediately nixed that idea when he saw Dick curled up and sleeping in their bed.

Deciding that whatever the smell was could wait until morning, Jason climbed into bed and shut his eyes, letting sleep whisk him away.

Jason's mind gradually came to attention when he felt something on the bed next to him. "Dickie... d' you spill somethin'?" He asked, his mind still foggy with sleep.

Dick gave a quiet grunt as a response, shifting slightly on the bed.

Jason sighed, opening his eyes and glancing at his hand. His breath caught when he saw the wet red blood that coated his hand as well as a large section of the sheets.

Curses spilled from Jason's mouth as he quickly sat upright in bed, pulling off the blanket Dick had covered himself in, and gasping in surprise when he saw the gash that ran the full length of Dick's back. "Dickie," he mumbled, stumbling out of bed and going to the bathroom for the first aid kit.

Jason rushed back to Dick's side, cupping his husband's cheek with one hand. "Dickie. Wake up," he said, shaking the elder's shoulder.

Dick blinked, looking up at Jason with his bright golden eyes.

"You have a cut on your back. Can you heal it?" Jason asked loudly and clearly, making sure Dick understood what he was saying.

Dick's brows furrowed minutely and his eyes fluttered closed. "N...ot enough," he breathed quietly, forcing his eyes open again.

"Not enough what?" Jason asked, tapping Dick on his cheek when his eyes started to close.

"Blood... need... need more electrum," Dick said.

Jason gently brushed Dick's tangled curls off of his forehead, his brow creasing in concern. He'd have to bring Dick to the manor and have Bruce put him in his pod to heal.

Dick's lips twitched up into a smile when he felt the familiar gesture, and he subconsciously leaned into Jason's touch.

Jason sighed, pressing his eyes closed for a moment before getting to work wrapping Dick's back to help stop some of the blood-flow.

Dick was no longer conscious when Jason carried him into the manor. Alfred and Bruce, both of which had been alerted to the situation during Jason's drive over, were waiting near the front door.

Gotham being Gotham had decided to open up the heavens and pour down enough rain to soak Jason to the bone almost as soon as he stepped out of the car.

"Master Jason stop right there sir. I forbid you to take a single step forward into this manor while you are dripping water like that," Alfred said, tossing Jason a towel.

"But..." Jason started, looking down at his husband in his arms.

"Hand Master Dick over to Master Bruce. He knows well enough how to take care of him," Alfred said, folding his arms over his chest.