Chapter 24: A Crack Called Tia

"Lies and secrets, they are like a cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind."

Shivaay and Annika were standing and talking in Goenka Villa's garden. Shivaay was about to leave when Manish comes there.

"I am so happy for both of you", Manish said while keeping his hands on either of their head. Both of them smiled.

"Princess, you go inside, Sandhya is looking for you.", Manish said.

"Ya...", She said and smiles at Shivaay and goes inside.

"Shivaay, have you told Annika about Tia?", he asked Shivaay.

The latter hesitated a bit. "Umm...no uncle...actually I never got a chance to....I don't know how will I tell her the truth.", Shivaay said.

"What is this Shivaay?", Manish almost yelled, and why wouldn't he? Afterall, its the matter of his princess. "She is a sensible girl. She will understand the dynamics of the situation. You should tell her", he calmed down a bit and adviced him.

"I want to tell her uncle.... I am just thinking of the right way", he said.

"I hope, in fact I am sure she has told you about Yug", said Manish.

"Yes uncle, she told me about him on the very first day".

"I think she expects the same from you too Shivaay. I don't want her to know about this through someone else. So make sure you tell her yourself.", said Manish while keeping his hand over Shivaay's shoulder.

Shivaay promised him to tell Annika about Tia as soon as possible. Somehow, Manish's point was not wrong. If Annika gets to know about Tia through someone else, he doesn't think so that she will be able to bear the same.

When we are in a relationship, we expect our partner to share his or her feelings with us, but sometimes we forget the same.

He left Goenka Villa as the only thought that came to his mind was Annika. Telling about Mallika was different. He was not going to marry her but Tia, he was going to marry her.

The whole day passed. Shivaay and Annika didn't exchanged a single word. Shivaay was busy the whole day with his meetings and Annika was busy getting teased from her family and Aakriti.

In the evening, Annika was sitting in her room alone.

"Why hasn't that bagad billa called me since morning", she spoke to herself."Maybe he is busy with his meetings", she shrugged her thoughts away.

Getting nothing to do, she switched on the television. The first channel she got to see was of daily soaps, typical saas bahu types. She switched over to another, a reality show, boring enough, and finally she switched over to the news channel. Now no need to switch over the channel.

The news was flodded with the news of Goenka's and Oberoi's. They read, "Shivaay Singh Oberoi all set to marry Annika Goenka." Other read, "Annika Goenka, the daughter of India's famous business man Manish Goenka."

Her, Manish's and Shivaay's pictures where shown and their interview too. She didn't wanna see it. She switched off the television. Relax Annika!It's normal! Bear it!

Her phone rang, it was Rudy.

"Hey Rudy", she said answering the call.

"Annika bhabhi, dadi has called you home tomorrow.", he said.

"Why? Is everything alright?"

"Ya, everything is fine, just that dadi wants you to choose the jewelries that that she will give to you during the Roka ceremony", he said.