Epilogue

Epilogue

I swing open the door to the place I love the most, my home. Dominic said he had something special waiting for me. He's so sweet. "Dooominic!" I chime glancing around the house. That's weird. Last I spoke to him he told me he was watching TV. Okay so when I said spoke I meant text, but same thing. "Dominic?" I call out again.

Suddenly I realize I'm not alone in the room and someone is staring at me. I jump then glare. "Hello Tyler." She hisses.

I ball my hands into fists. I thought I was done with this chick! "What the hell are you doing here?!" It's been a year! What is she doing back?! Will she ever leave for good? Dammit! It's been a whole freaking year! "This is not okay!"

Veronica takes a few steps towards me and smirks evilly. "Dominic invited me." I nearly suffocate from her heavy amount of perfume. Has anyone ever told her less is more? Apparently not! And what the hell! She should not be brining my man into this!

"What do you-" I look past her and see Dominic watching us with a playful smile. I tear up. "I-is it true?!" He can't be serious! We're engaged! He wouldn't do this to me! Not my Dominic. But what if he never was mine?

He joins both of us in the room and swings a lazy arm around Veronica. "I told you he loved me." Her horrible laugh seems the echo in the house.

"Dominic!" I sob, trying to pull him off of her. "Don't you love me?" This isn't happening! No it can't.

When Dominic finally does speak it is distant and quiet, "Tyler! Are you okay?"

Well now I'm really confused! "Oh yeah Dominic! I'm just fine! The hell?! You're breaking my-" my eyes widen as Veronica and him start to fade to black. Everything else does as well.

"Tyler?!"

I snap open my eyes. "You bastard!" I slap his chest. "Don't you ever do that again!" God it was all just a dream. Dominic really loves me. "Oh Dominic I love you so much!" I latch myself onto him not ever wanting to go.

By his expression I can tells he's both amused and confused. "Eh, why did you slap me?" He asks wrapping his arm around me.

I smile and peck him softly on the lips. "Oh no reason." Laughing softly I cuddle even closer. "But uh, you don't talk to Veronica still, right?" I look away with shame.

"No, oh god; did you have a nightmare or something about me and her?" He groans and tightens his grip on me. "I wouldn't talk to her after she made you so upset. I'm so sorry babe." He softly kisses my head. I let out a sigh of relief.

Dominic really loves me. My ex-boss. Ha, it's going to be interesting explaining how I met him. And after everything we've been through I know nothing can stand in our way. And to think this all started with me getting fired.

I smile at Dominic and realize: I'm glad I followed my stupid heart.

I'm sorry it ends so crappily...

And yes I might be crying right now...