Chapter 11- Gotta Help

—————

They were sitting inside their common room, quietly unpacking everything they had bought (using their friends' money) and organizing them in their fresh new bags.

Himiko was nibbling on a piece of sliced pear that Izuku cut up for her, while waiting for Dabi to come out of the kitchen with caramelized peaches. Thank goodness Magne taught them how to make that delicious recipe.

Still, even with the sweet smell of sugary peaches drifting through the air, Himiko's expression was vacant as she nibbled. Turning to Izuku, she pointed towards the kitchen behind her. "Izu-kun, you should've made the peaches," she said, "Dabi doesn't make them right."

"I don't either," Izuku shrugged, folding a plain white shirt into a square. "Only Magne can make them perfectly."

"Well, yeah, but you've made them more than Dabi," Himiko said. "He's made them like, once."

"At least he's not burning them." Izuku mumbled. They fell into silence again.

A  minutes passed as Izuku continued packing, the only noise to accompany them being the sizzling of peaches from the kitchen. Himiko was increasingly becoming more bothered, Izuku noticed, then Dabi came into the room and she jumped.

"Peaches!" Himiko yelled, grabbing a bowl full of ice cream topped with peaches in it.

"Jeez, hold your horses!" Dabi, who nearly dropped the other bowls, said. "Eat it quick or the peaches will melt the ice cream."

"Got it!" Himiko grinned, the same time Izuku said, "I think it already is."

"You people," Dabi moaned, scooping out some of his own ice cream. "Anyways, have you packed?"

Izuku stared at the mess laid out on the floor. "Definitely not all of it." 

"Why did I even ask?" Dabi mumbled, then turned to Himiko. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Uh... yeah," Himiko swallowed her ice cream. "I was thinking of Ura-chan and Tsu."

"What about them?" Izuku asked.

"I know Tsu doesn't like me," Himiko explained, slapping her spoon against her half-melted ice cream, looking down. "And we fight, then Ura-chan gets sad. So I wanna do what Dabi said and know why Tsu hates me, so Ura-chan won't get so mad at us anymore. I'm so tired of fighting."

There was silence, then the widest grin Izuku had ever seen appeared on Dabi's face. He was honestly a little worried his staples would rip.

"Hey, good for you," the cremation-quirk user said. "When are you gonna talk?"

"Maybe tomorrow or the before the trip," Himiko answered. "I just don't wanna talk during the bus ride."

"I hope it'll go well," Izuku said, lifting his bowl with one hand in celebration. "Then you'll have even more friends."

"Yeah!" Himiko grinned. "And Ura-chan will finally get a break."

——

The sky was still fairly dark when the three siblings found the bus. They were the earliest students to arrive, seeing as they literally lived at the school. However, only a few minutes later, some familiar faces showed up.

Eijiro and Katsuki were the first to arrive, the former deciding it was a good idea to drag the latter around.

"Big day, isn't it?" he said, clearly excited. He adjusted his grip on his bag. "Even with the supplementary lessons, it can't be too bad, can it? Sucks that I have to do them though..."