Chapter 3- What Is This Normalcy

—————

Izuku woke up to the sound of his alarm clock, which he quickly turned off before getting up and stretching his body. Today was the first school day at U.A, and he had to make sure everything went at least fifty-five percent alright.

He quickly got ready, and then went downstairs to the kitchen, where he made a small breakfast consisting of omelettes and sliced fruit. He also made sure Himiko's milk had a little bit of blood in it.

As he laid everything out on the table, Izuku heard footsteps coming down, which were eventually revealed to be Dabi's.

"Hey," Izuku greeted. He poured some coffee into the scarred man's mug. "Breakfast is ready."

"Thank god," Dabi said, taking the coffee and pouring it into his mouth. He held out the mug. "Or not. I think I'll need more to make it through the school day."

"Don't drink too much," Izuku said, sitting down in his chair. "You'll get too much caffeine."

Dabi locked him in the eyes at those words. Then, slowly, he lifted the coffee mug up and brought it to his lips, draining the entire cup in big gulps while the greenette watched. He set the mug down with a satisfied sigh.

"Honestly, you probably need more caffeine than I do." he commented.

"I really don't," Izuku took a sip of his pomegranate juice. "I heard it increases your anxiety."

Dabi poured himself another cup.

"I'm here!" Himiko's voice was suddenly heard. She skipped into the room, twirling around in her uniform. "Look, look! Aren't I so cute?!"

Izuku nodded, while Dabi, surprisingly, said yes. Himiko giggled, falling into her chair and picking up her tinted red milk.

"I'm so excited!" Himiko said with her mouth full of omelette. "Only forty-five more minutes until I can meet some friends!"

"You're disgusting, chew with your mouth closed." Dabi sneered.

Himiko drank more milk. "Look at yourself before you call me disgusting."

"Excuse you, I am fabulous," Dabi deadpanned. "The most wonderful work of art."

Himiko couldn't hold back a laugh.

"Come on, you two," Izuku sighed. "Like Himiko said, we only have forty-five minutes."

"Yes, mom." they both snickered. Izuku shook his head in disappointment.

"Don't do that. You raised us right," Dabi said, biting into an apple slice. "Now we're ready to face the scary world that is a career-based high school."

"Yes, but you're what? Eight years late?" Himiko pointed out.

"Shut up."

"Even if you two are ready, I don't think I am," Izuku cut in. "Unlike you, I've never been to a single school in my life."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Dabi said. He shrugged. "You'll be fine. Look, you're even wearing the uniform right."

Izuku wasn't sure if he was supposed to be offended or not.

"And you can make friends because nobody knows who you are or what you've done!" Himiko added. 

Izuku's frown deepened, taking another bite of egg. "That's right, you have your half-brother and Dabi has his own brother going to this school."

Dabi sighed. "Great, only more of my worst nightmares."

Izuku patted him on the back. "Push through it."