Chapter 10- I Need A Job

—————

The largely awaited summer break delay had finally broken, and the free days had arrived with a big celebration that consisted of a mall shopping trip for the training camp... that was right before the training camp.

Izuku wasn't complaining though. It would be nice to travel anywhere other than the enormous, gigantic, humongous U.A. campus (that he wasn't even allowed to see most of), so with Aizawa's help, he was able to get a pass for the mall trip.

...Except there was a problem: he was very broke. In fact, he didn't even have a wallet to put his nonexistent savings in.

At first, he thought Aizawa would give them money or accompany them on the trip. As it turns out, he was only dropping the three Villain Rehab students off at the mall.

So there they were, three people broker-than-college-students standing with their classmates inside an enormous mall. Izuku realized they were even more unprepared for the trip than even their poorest classmates. At least they had toothbrushes they could take outside the bathroom...

"Will they give us special benefits?" Izuku wondered as Himiko immediately dashed off towards Ochaco. "They can't just send us off without even a suitcase. Do you think Aizawa-sensei will pack some stuff for us?"

"If he even remembers," Dabi put his hands in his pockets. "How the hell does that guy function?"

"Caffeine." Izuku answered immediately.

"Stupid questions need stupid answers, Izu," Dabi sighed. "Anyways, how're we going to find blood for Himiko in the camp? There's probably going to be blood packs there, but we don't know if they'll have enough to spare for Himiko."

"There might be animals... But that's not a sufficient substitute..." Izku mumbled. "Maybe we should ask Aizawa-sensei to bring some extra."

"Yeah, and what're they gonna do? Rush order a supply of blood to the camp? Bring a fridge full of blood on the bus?" Dabi said flatly.

"Maybe," Izuku said defensively. "It's in two days, they have time to pack."

Dabi snorted, and as that happened, everyone in 1-A who wanted to shop had assembled.

Denki was there too. He gave an awkward wave.

Splitting up was the first order of business, seeing as they all had different things they needed, but Izuku and Dabi really didn't know what to do. They had literally no money.

"Didn't Aizawa say we aren't allowed to go off alone?" Izuku asked. "Should we join a random group."

Dabi groaned. "God, I hate group bonding. What supplies are each group getting?"

According to the groups... Izuku wasn't actually paying attention to that part. Oh well, it's not like they were going to buy anything anyways.

He was about to ask Momo if he could go shopping with her and Kyoka, when the rich boy Shoto who probably didn't need to buy anything appeared next to him.

"Midoriya, he greeted. "I didn't know you allowed outside the campus."

"Me neither," Izuku admitted. "Aizawa helped us a lot. But he also gave us no money..."

Shoto reached into his pocket, a mischievous glint in his eyes, and brought out a sleek black credit card with two fingers. "I can help with that."

Izuku's mouth fell open. "...Is that a Platinum card?"

"Yes," Shoto confirmed, holding it out. "My father's."

Izuku never held a piece of plastic worth so much before. "Are you sure this is okay?" he asked, running a finger over the card.