Chapter 18

R O M A N ~

I groan in discomfort as I reach for the ringing alarm. After two failed attempts of trying to turn off the clock, I finally get hold of it and angrily whack it on the wall.

"You startled me!". Bethany's voice cuts in and I freeze immediately. Wait! I sit up instantly and strain my eyes trying to catch a glimpse of her in my room. My eyes widen and then narrow when I spot her in my robe. I abruptly lift the duvet and look down. Yes, am naked. What the hell!.

"Did...did we?". I stutter at her. She narrows her eyes and walks towards me. She lowers herself beside me on the bed and scoffs.

"Did we what? Have sex?". She asks jokingly and I nod slowly at her. "Of course we did babe...you don't remember anything at all?". She asks and I shake my head.

"That's weird, you usually remember every detail after a drunk night...But you were not flat out drunk last night". She utters. Oh, I got drunk last night? That explains the headache.

"I know you were drunk but I believe you meant everything you said to me last night". She adds and I blink clueless at her. What did I say? Did I tell on myself?

"I'm so glad you finally said the 'L' word to me". She utters and I forces smile at her. "You kept calling me boogers I had to check my nostrils so many times". She laughs and my face drops. Oh my God!

"Boogers?". She chuckles. "How on earth did you think of such a pet name to give me? It's so funny". She laughs and I chuckle nervously at her.

I remember seeing Annah with Jacob. I got so ravaged by that sight. I drank tons of alcohol after I got back. I must have been acting crazy after I got drunk. Calling Bethany the pet name I gave Annah. I must have been really drunk.

"It's a very awful pet name but you're the only one who can make such a nasty name sound adorable". She smiles as she reaches for my chin and plants a wet kiss on my lips.

I drag my fingers through my hair in frustration and sigh heavily. I feel like shit right now. The fact that am making things more complicated for myself is driving me nuts.

"I'm so happy we are okay now". Bethany utters as she reaches for my cheek. I softly snatch her hand away from my face. I place her hand on my lap and sigh wearily.

Bethany...I have to tell y-".

"Things were rocky between us. I thought we were heading towards separation but last night even though you were drunk, I felt loved by you for the first time. You even asked me if you can move the wedding up. I was j-".

"What?" I blurt out surprisingly. Bethany and narrows her eyes and then chuckles softly.

"Don't tell me you don't remember that too". She utters and I rub my temples. I force a smile at her.

"Of-of-course I do...I-I just don't remember the details". I stutter and she smiles warmly at me.

"You asked us to marry right after I graduate next summer". She utter excitedly. I smile awkwardly at her and nod.

"I see". I mouth. I really did make things complicated. I was hoping to end this engagement by the end of winter and what have I done? I shake my head disappointed at myself. I'm never drinking again.