Chapter 7

S A V A N N A H

I scramble down the stairs to the kitchen, fidgeting with my boots.
"Good morning my love". My dad calls from the kitchen. I look up furiously and hastily clump towards him. He creases his eyebrows instantly, knowing it isn't going to be good.

"Someone's still grumpy this morning". He utters as I halt in front of him.

"Dad? you told me you bought this house we're living in, did you lie to me? I inquire and Maggie looks up from the scrambled eggs she was making, to me. I roll my eyes at her and blink back at my dad.

"Umm... I never said I bought this building". He answers with squint eyes. He takes a sip of his coffee.

"You totally said that". I insist.

"I only said, I was going to try my best so we wouldn't move again, but I didn't tell you the details". He defends with a shrug. I heard him say that and I thought he was an architect. What kind of architect lives in a rented apartment.

"So we're moving again right?" I question again with my hands on my waist.
My dad rolls his eyes and sighs.

"Honey, we just moved a month ago, can I at least enjoy breakfast with my daughter?". He says and pats on the chair for me to sit on. I roll my eyes and grab my bag.

"I'm late for school dad". I say and head towards the front door.

"Come on honey, I'm trying don't you notice?". He tones up.

"Yeah, that's the problem, love you dad". I exclaim and shut the front door close.

☆☆☆☆☆

I shut the door of my car close and smile at my reflection on the car. Today, being in a pleated red-stripped mini skirt with a black fish-net stocking and a tucked-in black turtled-neck top with a necklace my dad bought me for my birthday.

I've never been this enthusiastic about school. I was so excited, I barely had any sleep, I turned my wardrobe upside down looking for an outfit to wear to school today.

I called Jacob several times this morning but he never picked up. Not like he ever picks my calls anyway. He's indeed trying his very best on the other side but I'm not giving up. After spending hours reading about how to make a guy fall head over heels in love with you, I think I am prepared for anything.

I toss my bag over my shoulders and head towards school. I halt suddenly as I hear mumbling. I turn around and of course, all eyes were on me. I furrow my eyebrow. "What the...?" I mummer cluelessly. My skirt was okay in the morning so what the hell are they whispering about? I hiss and roll my eyes. If anyone has something to say, they can just say it to my face.

I step into the hallway and walk hurriedly towards my locker. The mumbling becomes louder. "Okay, now I'm worried, what did I do?". I utter. A few roll their eyes at me and I roll my eyes back at them.

I gasp with my eyes wide open as I approach my locker. My locker was opened and all my books were gone and it had this bad smell coming out of there. "Oh my god, what is that smell". I utter to myself.

"That smell is how your insides smell". A rigid voice utters behind me. I turn abruptly and there stood Leah and her other knights. I squint my eyes furiously at her.