Chapter 10

S A V A N N A H ◇

I freeze as soon as I make my way down the stairs. I roll my eyes and walk briskly towards the kitchen. I walk past my dad and I hear him sigh. I feel sorry but it's not my fault. Why does it have to be Maggie of all people? That woman is creepy and inquisitive, never liked her and never will.

"Honey can we talk?". My dad mutters loud enough for me to hear. Maggie even heard it, because she looks up from whatever the hell she's been doing in the kitchen and looks at me. I roll my eyes at her and turn to my dad. As much as I hate my dad right now, I would rather turn to my dad than step into the kitchen. I sigh and walk towards him.

"What is that dad?". I ask as I take a bite of his cinnamon toast. "Mm..this is good". I utter.

"Uhh-" He pauses and glances at Maggie with the corner of his eyes. I follow his gaze and smirk.

"Dad, let's talk when I get home when you're comfortable". I say and take another bite.

"Honey-"

"I promise dad" I interrupt and he nods with a faint smile. I lay a wet kiss on his cheeks and walk snappily out of the front door.

"I am so late" I mumble to myself as I run to my car. Maggie didn't wake me today. I think we both know why. I roll my eyes at the thought and start my car.

R O M A N ◇

"Okay mom, you don't have to take me, I will go there myself". I cry the second time trying to persuade my mom not to follow me to my psychotherapy.

I grab my car keys and shut the door close.

"What the-!"I jump. "Jesus, mom you scared me, don't be creeping on me like that". I grunt.

"Honey, I want you to get better". She says softly as she cups my cheeks in her hands. I pull her hand away slowly and fake a smile at her.

"I know mom, and am going to do just that". I say and give her a soft press on her arm for assurance. I brush past her down the stairs.

"Oh, I almost forgot, we're having diner with the Campbell's tonight, so don't be late for dinner...and uh-with the Kim's this Saturday". My mom casually says and I freeze. I blink slowly, take a deep breath and continue my way down the stairs.

"Can you give me a lift to school? I have a flat". Leah yells from the living room.

"I can't, I have psychotherapy." I excuse.

"But your psyc-".

"I am not giving you a lift Leah". I interrupt and open the front door.

"Why do you always act like an asshole when we have diner with the Campbells". She yells and I shut the front door. I will pretend I didn't hear that.

Diner with the Campbell's? I would rather not talk about it. You will find out yourself.

S A V A N N A H

"My brother is jerk Savannah! I cautioned you". Iris says firmly as she slams her locker in my face when I confront her about seeing Leah at Jacob's window yesterday. I roll my eyes. She still mad at me for going out with her brother, I can tell by her body language. I shake my opinions away and trot behind her.