89| Through the Darkest Night

~Casper~

"Okay, if we had a son, what would you want to name him?" 

Gael asks the following morning as I snuggled to his bare chest, listening to the soft squish of his heartbeat while resting on his pillow of chest hair. His fingers toy with my hair to create small curls and twists while his legs are tangled up with mine. I don't think I've ever felt quite as relaxed as I am right now. 

"Krew, I don't know why, but I just think Krew is such a cute name cause I can call him Krewbie," I admit while my fingers intertwine with his and I draw small circles on the back of his hand with my thumb.

"Krew is adorable," Gael sighs as he kisses my forehead and I snuggle closer. 

"What if we have a girl?" I ask him and he hums for a moment. 

"Something simple and sweet, like Bailey," Gael says and I close my eyes again, focusing on his heartbeat and soaking in the moment before my brain starts overthinking.

"Fuck, what if I'm pregnant right now? I can't go to work if I am," I panic as I sit up and Galen already tries to pull me back. 

"We can go see Hamish later, come back my little heater," Gael groans, but I'm already getting up.

"I think Tora left some pregnancy tests under the sink awhile back, never thought I would need them. I actually wanted to trash them," I mention as I go to the bathroom and bend down to find the small box of tests. 

"Are you really going to do this now?" Gael calls out and it was to late as I already started. 

"Yeah? Why? I have to know because what if I get into a fight with the wrong prisoner or the stress makes me miscarry. I don't want to lose the little guy," I huff after peeing on the small stick and leaving it on the sink. I stretch my arms before washing my hands and wiping them on my boxers.

"You're making me anxious now, how long does it take? It's been a while since I last did this," He asks and I shrug as I come out and rejoin him. 

"Like five minutes or something," I mention and he feels my forehead. 

"Are you feeling sick or anything?" He asks and I shake my head, he scrunches up his nose a bit before leaning back. 

"Then your probably not baby and that's okay. We don't have to be in a rush." Gael reassures me and I cup his cheeks as I kiss him before his work phone goes off from the nightstand. He groans as he makes a grab for it, pecking me one last time before falling back on the pillows and answering. 

"Hey, calm down, what's going on?" Gael asks as he sits up again and grips my arm with fear in his eyes. 

"We'll be there, send me a location and we'll be there as fast as we can. Send Hugo to our home and I'll have our security watch over him," Galen slowly drops his phone and a shiver runs down my spine as he slowly meets my gaze.