60| Hey Brother

~Tora~"I'm a little nervous to be honest

~Tora~
"I'm a little nervous to be honest. I haven't seen my parents since I got married,"

Xora mentions as we looked over the various flowers at a famous florist shop in Forester Soul while surrounded by my undercover bodyguards. I debate getting a few and pick one little flower up before flicking it back into the vase. Turning my head to watch as Xora's delicate fingertips grace the petals of a flower and he takes a small whiff like a dainty princess.

Oh yeah, we're most definitely fraternal, no doubts about that. Identical in the face and height with the exception of his lighter red hair and mine a darker auburn. Our personalities were on opposing sides of the spectrum with Xora being all sweet, innocent, and gentle and me being...well, my great mother fucking self.

"They haven't met Jace?" I ask and he slowly shakes his head, picking out the bouquet as if it was a live animal and carefully cradling it in his arms.

"Then why isn't he here?" I ask and Xora puts on an obviously fake smile.

"Oh he's always busy with something, isn't that how husbands are?" He asks and I'm confused by the question.

"Xora, how often is Jace home?" I ask and he shrugs on our way to the counter to pay for the flowers.

"He comes home sometimes for dinner and sometimes just to sleep. It's kind of lonely actually. Ow-" Xora winces as he feels his stomach and I'm concerned for his wellbeing.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he nods, looking down at the flowers as he cradles the bunch like it's a newborn baby.

"Yeah, I just miscarried a few days ago and still get a cramp every now and then," Xora explains and my heart drops.

"Oh Xora, I'm so sorry," I gasp and Xora continues smiling.

"It's alright, some of us just aren't meant to become mothers. At least, that's what Jace told me when it happened and he's right. But I can still coddle Myah and Lily," He chuckles, but my heart aches for him.

"Jace said that? What the actual fuck is wrong with him? You know that's not true, right? It's not your fault," I try to convince him, but I can tell that days of beating himself up had already worn him down and nothing would change his mind.

"No, he has a point, but that's alright. I'm going to try to plan the perfect date for us. I was thinking of a picnic in the garden and if you don't mind do you think you could do me a favor?" He asks and for him, I would do anything.

"Can you ask Casper to make sure Jace is home for me? It would mean a lot to me to know he could stay instead of disappearing you know?" Is all Xora asks for and the simple request could be completed with a text.

"Yeah of course, what day?" I ask and he thinks about it for a second.

"Three days from now," Xora answers and I pull out my phone when all of the sudden, the hair on the back of my neck stands up and there's an oddly familiar scoff coming from behind us. I slowly turn on my heel to face the obviously disgruntled huff, ready to defend my brother only to find out it was for me. By an obviously pregnant cow that I hoped I would never see again.