Chapter 13

After a beautiful night at dinner, Spencer takes Olivia to his house since she volunteered to spend the night. Spencer carries his now girlfriend bridal style into his house. Liv is amused by this. "Haha babe you don't have to carry me like this!" Spencer chuckles as he smiles at her. "Ooh, call me babe one more time.." Liv says it again. Spencer moans and then kisses her, leading up to a make-out session. 

They kiss until they get into the bedroom. Spencer lays Liv on the bed while still kissing. Liv softly moans into the kiss as it feels good to her. But as she remembered what her plan was before the date, she pulls away. Spencer looks at her confused. "What's wrong?" Liv sighs. "Can I talk to you about something?" Spencer is worried. "Is everything ok?" They get off of each other to sit next to each other on the edge of the bed. 

"Honestly, no. Like don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that you are my boyfriend, of course I am, but to be honest, I just feel hesitant." Spencer was confused by her words. He didn't know what was going on. 

"Why?" 

"It just that it's been such a long time since I've been in a relationship. My last one didn't end well. Remember when I told you that I was struggling for a few years before I came to your company?" Spencer nods. "Well... Calvin was the reason. Calvin was my ex." Spencer is surprised. He wasn't expecting her to say this. Olivia sees his reaction. She feels embarrassed. She face palms. "Oh god, we were having a moment and I ruined it. I'm sorry. You don't have to know if you-" Spencer cuts her off. "No, it's ok. I wanna hear it. What did Calvin do to you." Olivia sighs knowing she had to re-experience the pain all over again, using her words.

"This happened for two years but this one night, is the one night that I will never forget. This was after college and me and Calvin were living together at one point. I was typing up every plan that I had to run my very own business. I had every note, every advice, every idea, every picture, I had everything. I seemed like I had the perfect time to finally achieve my goal. But then Calvin ruined my entire confidence."

Two Years Ago...

Olivia was at hers and Calvin's apartment touching up the last few pieces of her work to start her own business called Baker Corporation. It was going to be a business where people were able to have their own creative perspectives to help benefit the world. Whether it was food, clothing, cars, houses, or entertainment, Olivia was determined to make the world a better place. She wanted everyone to be at least satisfied with their lives. Olivia was just about done with her paperwork, hoping that anyone would be invested into her business. She was excited. 

"Ok... (sighs).. after years of hard work and dedication, everything I have in this computer is complete and now I am finally ready to officially start my own business." Olivia was about to celebrate her achievement when Calvin walked inside their apartment. Olivia saw him and got happy, because she was about to tell her the big news. Calvin didn't look like himself, he looked visibly upset. 

"Oh my god, baby! I have some amazing news!" Olivia saids before she gets cut off by Calvin. "Let me guess, you're finally done with that bullshit business crap you have been dick riding about for years?" He asks, with attitude. Olivia instantly got annoyed knowing what this was about to turn into. Calvin didn't want Olivia to be into business because he thought it wasn't the right job for her. He wanted her to be something different. He thought she wasn't cut out for it. 

"Oh god, not this again. I'm trying to show you how hard I worked for my business." Olivia saids, trying to get her boyfriend to hear her plan. He doesn't budge. "Yeah, a business that you're never gonna get approved of." Olivia started to get upset, tired of Calvin belittling her for her hard work. 

"I mean, let's face it, no one is going to listen to your stupid plan of trying to change the world for the better. You really think you're going to benefit anyone by launching that dumb ass company of yours. Face it, you're never going to get successful. You mind as well do other occupations like a doctor or a chef or some shit." Calvin saids, walking away from Liv and going into her bedroom. At this point, Olivia has had enough. She is tired of Calvin bringing her down. She needed to say something. She struts into the room and slams the door, bringing a reaction out of Calvin. He walks up close to her. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"