⭐︎ 0.9 ⭐︎

A year after your brother and I graduated from college, your sister and Nick got married. I will never forget their wedding, for multiple reasons. Elliot looked gorgeous in her wedding gown, and it was obvious that Nick thought so too when he saw her. They make a cute couple. I'm glad that things worked out for them.

        At the reception, your brother started acting a bit off. He just seemed anxious, nervous, and also excited. I was confused, and I just thought maybe he was nervous for the toast he had to make later on. I was wrong, of course. I was drinking a small glass of champagne and talking to everyone I knew, and Emmett was standing by my side for most of the time, though he would occasionally go talk to someone he knew. We danced a little, and your brother did what he does best- made me laugh. At some point, he said he had to go do something important, and walked away through the crowd. I kind of just dismissed everything he said, and didn't think much of it. That is, until I noticed my brother, Andrew, and Emmett on the other side of the room, talking. They had serious expressions on their faces for a while, and then they both started smiling, and bro-hugged. And then they exchanged some last few words, and Emmett walked back over to me. Once he came back, the whole conversation I had just seen slipped from my mind. The champagne was probably to blame.

        When it was time for the bride to throw her bouquet, I went to stand with the other girls and try to catch it, but only because Emmett, Andrew, Nick, and Elliot insisted that I did. When Elliot threw the bouquet, somehow I caught it. Some of the girls even moved out of the way or shoved me towards it, as if they were trying to make sure I caught the bouquet. And then Nick had to throw the garter, and Emmett went and stood out with the other guys. And the same strange thing happened, the others appeared to be making sure that he was the one who caught it. And unlike me, your brother seemed to be in on it. I was so confused when I noticed that, but I soon forgot, because I was being pulled out to a chair in the middle of the dance floor, and Emmett had to put the garter on me. Everyone around us were smiling uncontrollably, and I couldn't figure out why. Emmett was kneeling in front of me, sliding the garter up my leg and chuckling at me, which made me giggle at him. After he had gotten the garter up my leg, he didn't stand back up, he stayed on the ground. And I seemed to be the only one who couldn't understand why. Everyone else were smiling and looking at Emmett expectedly.

        Everything happed really fast after that. Emmett changed his kneeling position so that he was kneeling on one knee in front of me, and then he pulled something out of his pocket; a little black velvet box. I think that was when my mind finally started to wrap around what was happening. He opened the box up and held it out to me, revealing a shiny diamond ring. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't sitting in a chair, I would have fainted. My hands flew up to cover my mouth, and I felt tears involuntarily gather in my eyes when Emmett spoke.

        "Ellana Leigh Jameson, will you marry me?"

        "Yes, yes, yes. Of course I will!"

        I don't think I've ever seen your brother smile as big as he did when I answered him. He slid the ring onto my finger, both of our hands shaking, and then we both stood up, and he embraced me tightly, and I kissed him, with happy tears still in my eyes. Everyone started cheering or whistling, and I kissed Emmett for longer than I probably should have, considering my brother was right there, but I didn't care.

        I think you're probably happy for me now, now that I'm finally happy, Elijah.