{ 1.7 }

After two terrifying months of thinking that I could lose you at any given moment, I was exhausted and sad beyond belief. We were all thinking that the end was near.

        But then you started to get better. You were able to leave the hospital, and even convinced the doctors and your parents to let you go back to school. Though you were better than you had been, you were still weak, and you still looked sick. So naturally, when everyone at school saw you, it really started to set in for them how real the situation was. No one really said anything to you, but I saw the looks they gave you. Long story short, I wanted to punch a lot of people.

        Since you were weak and tired, you sometimes needed to lean on someone to walk to class, and you wanted me to always be with you. That year, we had Spanish II together, but it wasn't the same as Spanish I the year before. Mostly because you were so sick. We didn't have lunch together that year, so I had to convince my teacher to let me eat lunch with you during your lunch shift, and then got the lesson during my lunch. That teacher somehow understood exactly what I was going through.

        When my teachers saw how much you needed me- really, how much we needed each other- they started to have a heart for me, and gave me A's for the work I wasn't doing. Except for one teacher, she still gave me C's and D's, even after seeing the shape you were in, and how you didn't even want me to leave your sight.