⭐︎ 0.8 ⭐︎

Everything was different after I kissed your brother. It made something in the way I felt towards him change. Maybe it's a good thing that my brain forgot to think and I kissed him, because after that, I started to realize that I really did have feelings for Emmett. Maybe I had feelings for him the whole time, and that's what it took for me to realize. I think you must have been really happy for me up there, since I finally let myself be happy again. I finally let myself fall again. It had been years since I had felt like this, and I had forgotten how it felt to love someone.

        One day a few months after the college graduation party, Emmett and I made plans to meet up with Christy and hang out with her. She told me she was bringing her boyfriend, Matt, and I told her that was fine, since Emmett would be there, too. I told Emmett that I wanted to surprise her, so we didn't tell her about us being together. She was clueless until we went to meet up with her and Matt. We all decided to meet up for lunch and then go bowling. Christy got to the restaurant before us, so Emmett and I walked inside to meet up with them, hand in hand out of habit. I guess we were walking kind of close together, and I was laughing at something Emmett said, so my head was leaning towards him, and I guess we looked a lot more comfortable together than friends would, because when we got to the table they were sitting at and said hello, Christy just sat there staring at us without saying anything. Her mouth was hanging open, and she had a breadstick in her hand that was halfway to her mouth, but she was frozen in shock. Matt looked at her, looking a little concerned, and said, "Babe, are you okay?"

        Christy just blinked, turned to me, and said, "Wtf? Since when are you two together?" Emmett and I just looked at each other and laughed, and Matt looked genuinely confused. Emmett said, "It's a long and complicated story, but it's been about two years." That was probably not the best answer to give Christy, because she said, "It's been TWO YEARS and no one told me?" I just shrugged at her and said, "Well, the first year wa s barely even a relationship, because I was still...you know..." Christy nodded and said, "Okay, I understand. I knew this was bound to happen anyway," and she chuckled a little. I just looked between her and Emmett and said, "Why does everyone keep saying that?" Christy just laughed more, and Emmett raised his eyebrows at me, then smiled and said, "I can't believe you can't figure out why." I just glared at him and smacked him lightly, and he said, "Ow, okay, okay. It's because for one thing we hung out a lot when Eli was sick, and also even afterwards, I was always hugging you. Plus everyone knew that I had a crush on you. Well, everyone except for you." I looked at him, surprised for a few seconds, and then said, "Well I'm sorry you weren't my top priority, and I still don't understand why that means we're destined to be together." Emmett just chuckled, and we all sat down for lunch.

        After bowling with Christy and Matt, your brother and I went back to our apartment. We sat down on the couch together, because I was forcing Emmett to watch the latest episode of one of my favorite shows. I had my head on his chest, and we both kind of laid back across the couch. And it was then, while I had my head on his chest and I was snuggling into him, that I decided to let him know how I now felt about him.

        I whispered the words just loud enough for him to hear, and I know he heard what I said, because your idiot brother was suddenly alert, and he said, "Am I hearing things, or did you just say what I think you just said?" I hit him, and then said, "Don't be a butthead. You know what I said." And he grinned and said, "Can you say it again just to be sure?" So sighed, with a trace of a smile, and said it again.

        "I love you, Emmett."

        He smiled at me and said seriously, "I love you too, El."