Chapter 49

Months went by after the failed attempt to retrieve the Infinity Stones. The Avengers, Rocket, Nebula, and Captain Marvel went off to their separate ways. They couldn't bring back the people they lost months ago, thanks to Thanos destroying the stones, preventing them from doing it.

Everyone set memorials for those they lost. Goku always stare down at the memorials, thinking about all the people he talked to, laughed with, and spent time with. Anything little he had with them he remembers, making him more emotional than ever.

Both he and Wanda went around the world to pay their respects to the people that were erased from existence. Wanda can tell Goku was having many emotions in his eyes: anger, sorrow, regret, and sadness. She always hugs him tightly to comfort him, just he'd done with her. Goku always accepts them.

Sometimes, Goku would go and see Vegeta, who continues sulking in his cell, unable to think about anything other than the shock he felt of a low-class Saiyan can become the being of their Legend before him.

Goku now refers to Natasha as mom, as he always views her as a mother figure to him when he was younger. Natasha, a bit embarrassed, but happy, accepts this, thus becoming Goku's mother.

One day, at the mountains Goku is seen bring looking up at the sky, thinking about what has transpired throughout his life. Fighting, death, connections, loss, adventure. All these things have been going through his head.

Wanda appears as she lays down next to him and looks up at the sky with him.

Wanda: It has been months since it happened.

Goku: Yeah. Still can't believe how long it has been since that bastard did that. And that I let him do that.

Wanda: *sighs* Goku, you were angry. And rightfully so. I would've done the same thing if you didn't do it first.

Goku: Yeah. But still, I scared all of you. I was so angry that I wanted to kill Vegeta for killing Vision and just stand there, looking all high and mighty.

Wanda: You could've killed him, had Thanos hadn't stopped you.

Goku: *scoffs* Funny how he got me to stop. But despite all that, my only regret was scaring you when I was in such a state. I wish I had some control of myself.

Wanda smiles warmly as she rolls over and lays on his chest.

Wanda: I know you do, honey. That's why I love you.

Goku smiles as Wanda gets closer to him and they kiss each other

Goku smiles as Wanda gets closer to him and they kiss each other. Goku sighs in relief, glad that Wanda has forgiven him for scaring her. After a while, they stop the kiss and they snuggle against each other.

Suddenly, Goku felt some energy coming from within him as a red fiery aura begins to loom over his body. Wanda sensed it too as they got up. Soon, The fiery red aura grew bigger as Goku's hair and eyes turned into a different color.