2 | First Day in High School

Start from the beginning

I perked up and was awed by the structure of the building. The structure featured sleek façades with blue and yellow accents which I assumed to be the school's colours, judging from the peculiar colours printed in the clothings of the students prancing into the building. A rust-colored obelisk guards the entrance to the school, which is painted in earthy tones.

"Rosewood Stars High School." I read out the words etched on the forefront of the building. "What a lame name," I mumbled.

"I couldn't agree less," A masculine voice came from behind, I jolted and swiftly turned around and met an out-of-the-world being peering straight into my eyes, leaving me speechless. I couldn't peel my eyes off him. His face was the definition of perfection.

Is he human?

His Jet black messy undercut accentuated his diamond face and scythe-shaped eyebrows matched with his enchanting molton-brown eyes and a strong, defined chiselled jawline.

"Seems like another beauty couldn't resist my charm." He smirked and leaned into me, trimming the distance between us, causing my ears to glow a tinge of red.

I'm pretty sure he said something, but his smooth baritone voice rendered me incoherent.

"Hello? Red-eyed lady?" He snapped his fingers right in my face, startling me and before I could stop myself, my hand subconsciously yanked his collar and hauled him closer.

"Watch your tongue handsome or you might lose it sooner than you think."

I gritted my teeth realizing what I just did and quickly released my grip on his collar, I stumbled backwards a little.

Why did I do that. He's not the first to call me that, at least he didn't add 'witch' to it, so why did I react that way? Argh. Just forget it, I still got Ruby to deal with.

I heaved a sigh and walked past him like nothing happened between us.

"Mmm... Feisty. Exactly how I like them, I hope we meet again... Aurora Reichmann."

I halted.

Did he call me Aurora? Mn, I must be mistaken. Do I have to remind everyone my name is pronounced Vivian, not Aurora or whatever he called me. I rolled my eyes, pissed off with how bad my day started and kept on walking until two female students approached me. A brunette with freckles spattered on her cheeks and a girl with auburn braids stood beside her.

"Uhm... Sorry to ask but..." They glanced at each other, a hint of hesitation glimmered in their eyes before one of them went on. I knew what they were about to say, so I decided to rile things up a little. "Y-your eyes, we love the lenses and your hair, it's beautiful."

They called my hair beautiful, what a joke. "Oh, no don't get things mixed up sweethearts, these aren't lenses. And my hair's natural." I grinned watching their priceless reactions. They were speechless. I could already see the immediate panic in their eyes as if they just encountered the grim reaper.

"C'mon, don't give me that look, it's not like I'm going to rip out your souls or something... Not like I can't. Haha just kidding."

"I told you she was crazy,"

"Yeah such a weirdo," they mumbled to each other.

"Sorry, I didn't get that?" I leaned towards them and tilted my head staring intently into her eyes. "Ahh!" They both shrieked and ran for their dear lives. I tried to hold it in but I just couldn't. I laughed my heart out and my stomach started to hurt. I didn't realize Ruby had already gotten here until I heard her usual awful voice behind me.