However, before you decided to indulge in that conversation. To spare your embarrassment, you asked Hisoka why he has been so distant from you.

"I wanted to give you your space." He honestly replied. But of course you thought otherwise.

"But that's not like you to do that..You have never given me space. Always in my business." You said. Based on your tone of voice, you didn't say it to offend him. This was you expressing that you missed him being so involved in your life. You were so accustomed to his abrasiveness, that having him so uninvolved with you was abnormal and uneasy.

"A lot of things change over time Y/n." He mistakenly said - installing high levels of doubt and fear in you about him and what you currently feel, or more so, don't feel towards you anymore. Because time changes things isn't?

Hearing that, you lost all your confidence to speak about what you wanted too, as a result, you got sucked into eerie silence.

With five silent minutes of intensity passing, "Y/n. Speak." Hisoka impatiently demanded.

Swallowing dryly and painfully, "I don't know h-how too talk about us. Where to start." You confessed. Still fearful about Hisoka's comment about stating time changes things.

"Just bluntly mention the first thing that comes to your mind."

After saying that, Hisoka could feel your hand tightening around his. Furthermore, your heart thudding harder against your chest. Was that reaction nerves talking? Or were you afraid to inform him that you wanted to leave forever, scared of his reaction? Lashing out?

Feeding off from your obvious axienty, Hisoka began to grow internally agitated. World spinning out of control alongside his thoughts. Nothing would suck more than confessing all his vulnerable feelings and thoughts to your dying self only to have it be slapped back at his face.

"I..." He heard you trail off.

Smoothly shutting his eyes, Hisoka's body grew more tensed up. Attempting to prepare himself for the worst.

"You what Y/n?" He strenuously encouraged you to finish the sentence.

"Just say it.." He accidentally whispered a bit aggressively. Adamant in his unsettled undertone.

"I want to be with you Hisoka." You breathlessly raced through that sentence.

And just like that, he snapped open his eyes to stare at your head from behind as every hard muscle within Hisoka relaxed. His confused heart developed arrhythmia because it was unsure of whether it could relax out of sheer relief and joy, or gallop like a horse on the race tracks because he wasn't expecting you say that.

To say what he wanted you to say..

Not daring to utter a word in response, Hisoka effortlessly turned you around, tightly wrapped both his arms around you - one hand deeply embedded in your soft hair. And the other holding onto the small of your back.  Burying your face against the croon of his neck, the Joker exhaled weeks worth of worry.

No more games anymore.

"..Then be with me Y/n." He indirectly confessed the same thing by depicting his openness to that idea.

And you understood that immediately.

Unsure of why you wanted to cry, a few stinging tears betrayed your eyes. And the Joker could feel those hot tears slide down his muscular neck. Maybe those tears were seven years of sadness built up. Sadness of not being with him like you always desired too. Relief to finally get to the end the tunnel. And have him as the prize. The light you kept running after. It was all finally over..