CHAPTER 24

"Oh my God Yesha, you're aliveeeee!" That's the first statement I hear when I decided to go to school after a week of healing my broken heart. And of course, those words are from one of my beloved best friends, Jenna who hugs me tightly. Very tight that I can't breathe. "Je..Jenna... I can't breatheeee!" Thankfully, she heard me and apologizes quickly.

"Yesha, we miss you!" And that is Belle, my other beloved bestfriend who has a growing bump on her belly. Yes, she's pregnant. Before our junior year ends, we found out the news and of course, she dealt with it difficultly and as her bestfriends, we are to the rescue. We talked to her parents and even to Luke. Gladly, Luke accepted the baby and last summer they got married. While Belle also refused to stop schooling. She believes that she can still study even she's pregnant. She said that the gossips don't matter to her anymore. What more important for her are their baby, her husband and their future as a family.

"I'm going to be okay girls." I assured them then I turn to Belle. "How about you Belle? And the baby?" Her face has a glow and I think it is brought about by her good pregnancy.

"I'm okay. We're okay." She answered me. "But we're also worried for you." She continued. This is what I hate, they are worried for me and I owe them an explanation.

"This is something about Ace and I." I breathe a deep sigh and close my eyes. I need to be ready to tell them what happened to me this past week. Can I really handle the resurfacing pain? It's still here, never easing.

"What about you and him? Are you finally dating? Is that the reason why you're absent because you can't contain the happiness?" Oh God Jenna. This is torture again. But on a lighter note, my bestfriends are always positive in thoughts so they came up with that positive conclusion but unfortunately, that is the opposite.

"Girls, we have to sit down first. Standing for long is not good for Belle."

"Oh, yes. I can't stand for a long time now." That's Belle agreeing with me.

And we headed to the University garden. The cafeteria is just too crowded because it is lunch break so we chose a more silent and with a less people place.

"Come on Yesha, we're excited to know!" Oh God. Jenna is really oblivious on what I am going through. I am depressed to tell the truth.

"Jenna, Belle." I called their attention indicating I am in a serious mood now. They both fell silent and not in a while, I cried upon thinking on what I am about to tell them. It still pains me. Or I guess, it will pain me forever.

"Yesha?" I can't stop crying. I'm not yet move on. I can't get over with him. Despite of the happenings, I still love him.

"Yesha? What's wrong? We're worrying more if you're crying like that?" I heard Jenna asked me but I can't form any words to start.

"Ace... and... I... we're....ov..over.." I forcefully muttered in between my sobs.

"You and Ace are over?" Belle asked for clarifications wherein I only nodded.

"Shit! No Ace and Yesha forever but why?" And it is Jenna who's asking me again this time.

"He's... he's get...ting.. married.." I blurted out while still crying. It hurts. It still hurts.

"What???? But.. with whom?"

"Samantha."

"And who the heck is Samantha?" I can't speak anymore because it feels like the wound in my heart opens again and it hurts me so much. I shook my head indicating I can't answer their questions anymore.