CHAPTER 4

"Come on. I'll drop you at your new place." Jenna keeps on insisting me to ride with her. No matter how much I want to, I can't.

"I don't want anyone in the school to know that we are living with the same house. I don't want you get always near me when we are at school. Don't talk to me unless really needed. Don't involve me with all your crazy stuffs." Ace's words keep on repeating and repeating on my mind.

"Sorry Jenna. I still have something to buy at the convenient store. Anyways, thank you."

"I can come and wait for you there." Oh no. Jenna is too pushy at times like this.

"Ah no.. no. Don't worry, I can handle it all by myself. Oh, I forgot, I have some books to borrow at the library. I should go." Lying to her feels like betraying our friendship. It sucks.

"All right! I will be leaving you. By the way, Freshmen assembly tomorrow. Don't forget." She reminds me as oblivious on what I'm hiding.

"Got it. Thank you. See you tomorrow." Sorry Jenna, I can't let you know where I am living now.

Freshmen Assembly

"Right here Yesha.." I saw Belle waving her hand for me to locate where they are sitting. We are currently in the gymnasium for this year's freshmen assembly. Obviously every freshman must be present. "Why are you late?" Belle asks curiously as I sat beside her. "Sorry.. Traffic.." Blame it to Ace for refusing me to have a ride with him.

"Settle down students." Suddenly, the adviser of the Student Council appeared in stage and not a minute after, the whole gymnasium gone silent.

"Good morning freshmen. Welcome to this year's annual freshmen assembly. I am Mrs. Divina Polimdes, the adviser of the Student Council of the university. We are all gathered to discuss important matters concerning your stay here..." she declaims. Where is Ace might be seated? For this huge crowd, it's hard to see him as probably, hundreds of freshmen were sitting and adds the other senior students who are ushering the program.

"Girls, I'll just go outside.." I told them as I stand not waiting for their answer.

I make my way out for no definite reasons but luckily I saw Ace and a two other unknown men who are likely seniors. The three are in deep conversation."Cervantes, you need to decide right now. The program had started." The man wearing the Blue shirt speaks. He's getting a little impatient as evident on his face. "I still haven't changed my mind, I'm not interested." Ace answered calmly as he is leaning against a post, hands on his pants pocket. "But if you decide to accept one of our offer, you can help us a lot. So please." This time, the man wearing green shirt speaks.

Now I get it, Ace has been pursuing by these two men to run for either party. The man wearing blue shirt is the representative of the Blue Party then the man wearing green represents the Green Party. Nice deductions Yesha!

"I know but there's nothing that could change my mind." Ace told them. Why he's not interested in running for being the representative? Because He is Ace. Same old him. Same old Ace. And that's when I answered my own question. "Well, if neither of us could change your mind. We need to go and look for another candidate." And the two defeated men separate ways yet still within my view, I noticed that they are now both talking over the phone.

"Doesn't your mother tell you to mind your own business?" My thoughts from the two poor men faded as I heard Ace's voice.

"Are you referring to me?" I ask confused since we had that deal or rather he had that deal not to talk to him unless really needed."Whom else I will be talking to if you're the only one here near me." Oh, marvelous! He is really talking to me.