CHAPTER 7

"Girls, you know, this is torture! I can't deal with it anymore!" Jenna complained as she throws her books away. Unfortunately, there's a student passing by so the poor thing hits him. "Hey, watch where you're throwing your things!" The student retorted. "Sorry!" Jenna immediately uttered an apology while Belle and I are already laughing. Afterwards, Jenna joins us so the laughter stray us from what we keep on busying.

Few minutes later, I cut the happiness. "Okay, Girls. So much for fun. Let's continue!" I grab my book and start to read again. I don't know if I still can absorb all the information written on the book. Jenna is right, Exams are torture. And I know, every student feels the same way too. We are here at the university garden where there are few tables. It is a place, perfect for peace and calm. Perfect for studying. Yeah, but we can't deal anymore with studying. We've been here for three hours already but it feels like we are here for more than twenty four hours.

"Yesha and Belle, just wake me up when you're done. I will deal with these stuffs later." And Jenna buried her head in her arms on the table indicating she's about to sleep.

"Have a nice sleep Jenna." Belle uttered enviously as she's not tearing her gaze on the book she's reading while I remained silent on observing them.

I was about to return my eyes to my book when Belle speaks, "Yesha, I'll just go to the library to borrow some science books. I will be back." I nodded and she immediately stood up leaving her things with me and since Jenna is dead asleep already, I am thinking on what to do besides reviewing because definitely, I really can't take studying for now. I was already bombarded with lots of concepts, ideas, formulas, facts, history and whatever.

I am shifting my thoughts away from the upcoming examination when James came into my view. He's waving his hands in front of me and smiling brightly as if we are a super close friends.

"Hey, Yesha. How are you?" Oh, He even talks to me.

"Oh, Hi James. Well, I'm busy. You know, exam week is coming." And I browse my books again pretending that I was really busy.

"Oh, sorry to bothered you."

"Nah, it's okay." I replied ironically. "I guess I will be leaving now. Got to study also. Goodluck!" and he walks away which is good. Because after the election, he believes that he is now the most famous freshmen in the university, according to him, he outpaces Ace on the top spot. I know, Ace didn't care at all but I care for him that's why I am never become interested to belong myself in James' circle of friends. Well, Its been couple of months after the epic-failed-election experience for me. Everyone accepted James as the new representative. He is active to describe him. He manages to smile to everyone even if others don't know him. I swear, his white teeth is always on your sight if you saw him. While Ace remains himself. Nothing changed. It is as if election didn't happen. While me, Oh no! I am known as Ace's lover. My God, some freshmen teases me and keep calling me that nickname. Ace's lover? But gladly, it suddenly fades away maybe because they are getting tired of teasing because they benefit nothing. However, after the election nothing so much changed. Between Ace and I, we are quite getting along with each other. He only mostly speaks to Zion and Auntie Stella at the house. We managed to had a few talks which always ended up getting either of us annoyed but admittedly, most of the time I am but I really enjoyed talking to him even he doesn't respond sometimes.

"Yesha!" Belle is already here. I didn't notice her presence because I was busy thinking about Ace.

"Hey Yesha, I remembered we had to answer the equations that Mr. Nosul had given us yesterday. He told us it will be included in our Math exam. Have you answered it already?" Oh no. Math issue again. Did you know that my motto in life is Math sucks.