CHAPTER 8

"Daddy, this looks amazing!" My amazement can be compared to a five year old girl who had given the latest edition of a Barbie doll ever. "Yesha, why don't you try it? It would flatter me more." He is referring to the round chocolate chiffon cake topped with yummy colorful mallows and mouth watering cookies. Yeah. Daddy came back home a few days ago. The good news was he will manage again the bakeshop he left here so he will be staying with me again.

"Sure." Then I grabbed my spoon and tasted it. I savor the taste until Daddy ask me, "How was it?" "Ermm..misshing.." my mouth was full so I can't speak clear. "What's missing?" Daddy look terrified, he got it wrong. So I clear my mouth and speaks clearly, "Daddy, I said it was amazing. It tastes like heaven not something is missing." I smiled widely seeing him smiled also. He looks me in the eye with love when he speaks again. "I missed you Yesha." Oh, his getting softy. "I missed you too Daddy." I return the love by hugging him. He pulled away and stared at me intently. "So I think, we're back on our own. Would you like to be back on our old apartment or we have to find a new one?" Oh no. My eyes widened upon hearing his question. Old apartment? Find a new one? But I like staying with Auntie Stella, Zion and Ace. And Daddy seems to read my mind as he uttered, "Yesha, you can't stay on Cervantes' Residence forever. We have to live on our own. They have a life of their own."

"But Daddy.." I can't see myself leaving the house. I don't know why staying with them feels like home. "You don't want to be with me anymore?" What? Daddy is getting jealous? This is not what I mean.

"Of course not. You're my Daddy and we have to live together." I defended my side quickly. "So you can't stay on their house longer." Okay, There's no way, I'm gonna win this, I sigh as a sign of defeat. I get his point. Admittedly, it hurts. I have to leave the house once I considered a true home. I only nodded as my answer to him. "So let's get you at school. It's your first day again. Hello, sophomore!" I halfly smiled because soon enough I will be leaving Cervantes' house. I will no longer be sharing the same house with Ace. Oh, what a bad news.

First day of school again means no formal classes. So I decided to skip together with Jenna and Belle. So here we are, at the university garden again. We are here for more than an hour and we do nothing but to chat. Exchanging stories about how we spent our summer. I also told them that my Dad came back home and he will manage the bakeshop again so we are together again and the whole-"I-will-be-leaving-Ace's-house-since-it's-not-proper-staying-long-on-them"-thing. After I devour them on the intrigues of my life, our conversation shifted to Jenna.

"Really? You and France kept meeting each other even it's summer?" Belle asks Jenna. Because I sense that there's something fishy between Jenna and France. "Yeah. He goes to the house once a week and he already met my parents. We also went out on a date but only couple of times." Jenna immediately confesses. I can see it through her eyes. Oh my! it's my first time to see Jenna like this, so it's official! Jenna is in love! She is in love with France! "So are you two officially dating?" I ask cheerfully and excited for her positive response. She immediately squeals but replace it with a frown and shook her head.

"Huh! Jenna, you're kidding?" "No, I'm not! It's just that. He didn't ask me yet." Oh, I get it. But I know, when France asks the magic question, she will practically say yes.

"Okay. Let's just wait for him to drop the bomb. Don't worry, I can see it coming soon." Jenna squeals upon hearing my positive words. It means she can't wait also for him to ask her.

"By the way, Belle, did you able to meet personally the guy you met online?" I turned to Belle and inquired about her recent love life. She shook her head also.

"Why? I thought he's good and cute." Jenna popped the question having it the same on my mind.

"My parents don't agree with the idea, they said that meeting the stranger is not safe nowadays." And she frowns. Oh poor, Belle.