CHAPTER 27

"The dude said over the phone, 'Bro you're totally drunk right now.' But the guy answered his friend, 'No bro I'm not drunk. In fact, I left the party and rent a cab to drive me home". But his friend told him again, 'Bro but the party is in your house'. Bam!" With his joke, I laugh. Very very very hard.

"Ivan, that is... so funny!" Promise, his joke is funny. I swear. Because when he is joking, he tends to change his voice and act on it. It feels like joking is his passion.

"Yeah. Funny." And he laughs with me.

Things are going well as of now. I'm still sulking even many months have passed. I just decided to keep it because I don't want my loved ones to pity me. Yeah, I hate seeing them that they see me as pathetic. But for the moment, Ivan never fails to keep me happy. He has always new jokes for me everyday. Some are hilarious but others are non sense. But to top it all, I'm still grateful that he is always by my side.

Ivan and I are at the mall, just hanging out because we are both free. Belle together with Luke has to bring their baby at the hospital for a check up and Jenna is at their home, sick that's why they weren't able to come with us. And only few months from now, we will be graduating. That's the best part! No more worries about our studies as I can smell the total freedom.

"So do you have more jokes under your sleeves?" I asked and he seems to think for a while.

"I still have. Come on listen to me."

"Sure I will!" I clap eagerly out of excitement.

"There is a father and son conversation." And he is back on his joking mode again. "The father asked his son, 'So my dear son how was your first day at school?' The son answered, 'Father, can you please not talk to me for awhile. I am stress right now since there are many projects and assignments to do. We have our thesis, our calculus subject, our demonstration and whatsoever!' But the father speaks again, 'Son don't give me those lies because you're only on first grade!' Bam!" That's my cue to laugh but...

"Huh? Seriously?" Is that funny?

"Yesha, it's funny. Come on. Laugh!"

"Nope. I do not find it funny." I pout and folded my arms across my chest as a gesture that I don't find his joke funny. Sorry but his joke earlier is categorized as 'non sense'. No offense, okay?

"Tss." He groaned wherein I laugh instantly. "What's funny now?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"You." And I still laugh again. I just can't stop.

"And why I am funny?" He made that face again so I laugh hard again.

"Because you are!" The truth is his disappointment on his face made him funny. His face expression is just so funny.

"Just to remind you, Yesha, I am not a clown so my face is not funny at all." He tried to explain but I really can't stop laughing.

"Seriously? You are comparing yourself to a clown? Wait, I think you're good to be a clown because you're funny!" And folks, I burst into laughter again and again. Oh wow, it is always great to laugh for real.

"Yesha." So he's being serious now.

"Yes?" I am biting my lip so I will stop laughing but admittedly, I can't help it.

"Laugh all you want as long as you can."

"Oh? Really?" In fact, I am keeping my laugh because I think Ivan is mad at me as of now but as he told me to laugh as long as I can. I take the chance. And again, I laugh with all my heart. Actually, my eyes have tears already out of too much laughing. But as I am happily laughing, Ivan is not. "Ivan, laugh with me!"