childhood • naoto tachibana

[revamped: June 13, 2022]

Akari Masumi.

A criminal chased by the police government for years.

No one has ever seen her face before- not even a glance. That's what made it harder to arrest her.

But, even if the sun stays as long as it wants, moon will always come.

Her breath hitched- her legs moving as fast as they can, Her hairtie also loosening up.

'Fuck.' She swore on her breath, entering a certain abandoned building, her feet almost slipping from the wet floor. She spots a staircase and quickly heads there, looking back once in a while, checking if the police is near.

She gripped on the metal attached to the stairs tightly- the stairs were somehow incomplete- nothing new to abandoned buildings.

As she reached the top, she felt her chest relax, only to see that she only reached a rooftop.

Her eyes widened, panicking as she look back to the stairs, almost going downstairs once again.

But she was already too late.

Three men were already on the staircase, reaching the top, staring at her with cold eyes. She clenched her fists tightly, acting brave, even though she knew this was the end for her.

She could just fight back, but she was already exhausted. Her knees were already shaking- Her body was shaking.

She heard one more footsteps coming upstairs, seeing a male with a suit, gun in hand.

"Akari Masumi, 3:54 pm, arrested." She heard his voice. She looked down to the floor, before putting her hands up in the air.

'Guess this it for me, huh.'

Even though she badly wanted to tear up, she knew begging for them to let her go would be pathetic.

After all, she had done hundreds of illegal things, it's impossible to tell the police she'll change.

Her lips curved up, Naoto furrowing his eyebrows. "Why are you smiling?"

She started laughing out of nowhere, confusing the police near her. Has she gone crazy?

Yes. She has.

"Akari Masumi isn't my name, morons."

"It's Y/N. Y/N L/N." She said, taking off her mask.

With just four words, Naoto felt his eyes tearing up. How? How could it be?

"Y/N...?"

"Finally, I got you!" A six-year old Naoto chuckles as he ran up the stairs, hoping to see his sister Hinata, but instead, he saw a h/c hair-colored girl, sitting on the side of the rooftop.

He tilt his head, before seeing her standing up, turning her head to his.

She was beautiful.

"Hey, what's your name?" She asked, confusion flaming on her eyes.

He stares at her before replying, "Naoto. Naoto Tachibana."

Her lips split for a moment, before she laughed. "Hey, Naoto, if I jump down here, will you catch me?"

He was quite taken aback from the question, to say the least. He stays silent for a hot minute, before answering her question again.

"Of course."

She gave him a close-eyed smile, her h/c hair flawlessly waving because of the wind.

She turned her body to front him, causing him to think she'll walk towards him- but it was the complete opposite.

She jumped down the high building, Naoto panicking and running towards her, grabbing her hand just in time. He was shocked of how she did that without hesitating.

Although, he still saw her smiling, before slowly opening her e/c eyes just to meet with his. She smiles once again,

"That's what I thought."

He was taken aback to his senses as a strong gust of wind flowed across them, almost like his core memory he had with Y/N.

That's right. I'm here to...arrest her.

What it seemed like a decade, he finally saw her again, the same Y/N, but this time, she was murderous.

"Hey, Naoto, if I jump down here, will you...catch me?" That same goddamn question- he was shocked again, he never thought of hearing her say that ever again.

Although, he didn't say a word, not even a noise.

"That's what I thought." She said aloud, before jumping on the building-

However, this time, Naoto didn't catch her.