Chapter Thirty Nine

_One month later_

_September_

Amati Tanaka

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

It's been a whole month now, and she hasn't made the next move. She just acted like nothing happened; trained the students, went on missions, joked around with Satoru.

But she hasn't stopped noticing the tension between them grow larger every day.

Amati tried to keep her distance, but it was harder than she thought. Especially since Satoru is her best friend.

But, what was harder, was keeping her emotions in check.

And the worst thing is, she hasn't been able to act well enough. Even Yuji noticed.

"You're acting a little weird when you're around Gojo Sensei, Tanaka Sensei... Did something happen?" He asked.

"Huh? What do you mean weird?" She asked a little too quickly.

"You act nervous. And unsure."

"Ah... It's just the summer heat messing with my brain." She excused lamely.

And it's been like that ever since.

But, today, when Gojo comes into her room not bothering to knock, she already knows something vast is awaiting her.

"Amatiiiiii, guess what?" Gojo says stopping at the foot of her bed.

"What."

"I'm taking you overseas! Sounds amazing doesn't it?! We're going to meet the fourth student from the second years. It's important that I talk to him now, so I thought why not take you with me so you can meet him?"

She raises an eyebrow. "Why is he overseas?"

"For protection. I'll tell you all about it when we go. So pack your things and we leave in a few hours. But first, after you pack, guess who you're gonna meet for the first time in so long?"

"Could you stop with these questions?" Amati pleads in exasperation. "Who?"

"Nah, you'll know him when you meet him. Let's go."

So there they go.

Amati has put her suitcases in Ijichi's car and left with Satoru and Yuji to meet whoever it is.

When they reach the place, and the person, Amati's jaw almost drops off.

"This is Nanami-kun! A shaman who graduated from being a salary man!" Gojo tells Yuji, an arm around Namami.

"Please stop saying it like that." Nanami mutters.

"Nanami!" Amati smiles.

"Amati-San?" He raises his eyebrows. "Is that really you?"

"The one and only." She grins. "Glad to see you again."

Nanami actually smiles. "Likewise."

"Ah, when we come back you two can catch up on anything you want. For now we got more important business." Gojo says, ruining the moment like always. "There are a lot of strange shamans, but this guy was employed at a company and that just shows he's pulled together, right?"

"I don't think the others would like to hear it from you either." Nanami sighs.

"Graduate from being a salaryman... Why didn't you become a shaman from the get-go?" Yuji asks.