Chapter Thirty Four

Five days later:

Gojo Satoru:

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Amati has become fond of the flowers. When Gojo wakes up and heads over to class, he finds her crouching before the flowers, watering them, admiring them.

"How are my Blue Seas?" He asks her, hands in his pockets.

"You should be watering them instead of me, you know. They're yours." She looks up at him and shakes her head. "But they're doing fine. I mean look at how they grew! Look at those purple and yellow ones!" She points at them smiling. "In two weeks they'll fill this place with colors."

Gojo crouches next to her. "Can't wait." He smiles.

She looks at him and smiles back. "Thank you, Satoru."

"For what?" He cocks his head to the side.

"For just being here. Helping me out."

He puts a hand on her shoulder. "That's what best friends are for, right?"

She grins. "Right."

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

As the day moves on, turning to night , Gojo takes a shower and flops on his bed.

Playing on his phone a little he finally falls asleep only to wake up somewhere at 5 a.m. by a weird nightmare...

Im some strange garden, he saw Suguru from afar, talking to Amati underneath a tree.

At first it seemed like a normal conversation, until from nowhere, a child rested in Amati's arms, and Amati started screaming at Suguru. They were fighting, and not just any fight.

As Satoru tried to get closer, some black void bursted from nowhere and he heard screams and cries. The black void cleared and Suguru and the child were gone. All that was left was Amati, on her knees, head in her hands.

"Amati!" Gojo called out for her and he tried to reach her, but, a sword went through her heart, and as eerie and unexplained dreams can be, he didn't know who carried the sword.

Amati screamed, blood running from her mouth and--

Gojo jerked awake, eyes on the cieling, breathing in and out heavily.

"What the hell was that?" he asks himself. He reaches for his phone and scrolls through his messages to find Amati online.

He texts her.

what are you doing up this early?

a moment later:

• i could ask the same to you.

He sighs in relief when she answers. He hope the dream wasn't some message that Amati was currently in danger.

• nah just woke up. nothing important. you?

• surprisingly, i didnt sleep yet.

He winces, feeling the sarcasm. He thinks for a moment and comes up with an idea.

• i got an idea. you up for a walk?

• now?

• yeah. the sun's almost up. and it's not hot. since we both are awake we could just walk around the city for a bit.