Chapter Twenty Three

_3 days later_

Satoru Gojo
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

He watches Amati spar with Maki and Panda on the training field, arms crossed and one leg over the other. Inumaki isn't here, as he left for a mission three days ago with another Jujutsu sorcerer. He'll be back in two days.

Yaga Sensei comes from behind him, silently sitting on the bench beside Satoru. "The second years seem to get quite along with her." He observes.

"They like her." Gojo watches as Amati flips over Panda easily. "She's a strong match. And a good teacher." They listen to her explain a useful combat move, and illustrates it by using the move on poor Panda.

"It hasnt even been three days, though." Sensei says.

Gojo leans back, arms behind his head. "The introduction wasn't even long. I made them meet each other. A few questions from them, a few from her, boom. They now formed some kind of relation with her immediately. She teaches them and they learn from her."

Which is true. Amati was always known for making friends easily. She has a way with that. Now Gojo wouldn't say she and the second years are exactly friends, but close to that.

He asked her yesterday what made her so close to them all of a sudden. She only answered, "They're nice and smart. Also maybe hanging out with them might put me out of my mind."

Maki twirls her staff and runs, aiming the staff to Amati's side.

Amati puts her hand out, a staff from across the training field glides into her palm, and she turns, blocking Maki's attack with the new staff.

Maki bares her teeth and spins, raising her leg to kick, but Amati glides backwards dodging it.

"You haven't really explained all your techniques." Maki says, turning the staff vertically on the ground. "What exactly do you do when you move in that super speed?"

"It's a Gravity Technique. Took me a year to master it into a telekinesis ability. Another year to master the speed I move an object in. Or even myself. In other words, I can move myself from here to there, or you or even an object, while also controlling the speed." Amati says.

Yesterday she explained her Time Bending Technique. Gojo was surprised when he learned she can actually use it for longer now.

"I can pause time for ten minutes every 15 minutes." She explained yesterday while they sat on the training ground for a break.

"Wasn't it five minutes?" Gojo asked, raising a brow.

"It was. But then I learned that it only lasted five minutes because I was wasting too much Cursed Energy without knowing. So now I can do it for ten minutes."

"How does that work?" Maki asked. "What can you do?"

"I stop time. Only I can walk through it. All movements pause, and I mostly use this technique when searching for stuff like Cursed Spirits or hide outs without getting caught. Or, to get closer to a battle before dangerous stuff happen."

Gojo smiled, glad how spending time with his students made her talk more.

Even by being here, nothing in her really changed. She's always spaced out, staring into nothing. In the morning, her eyes are red and swollen. She visits Suguru's gravestone daily like a routine.

She wears dark clothes and is mostly found sitting alone in a shaded area. She mostly answers with simple words instead of talking with details. Even her eating habits... mostly everything she eats is poured out of her in a span of few minutes.