Chapter Twenty Eight

Amati Tanaka
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

"Did he touch you...?" Gojo asks as he settles on the roof of the dorm rooms.

Amati, who has his jacket over her, curls in on herself tighter. "A little."

She hears nothing from him and she starts to get anxious.

"I... I'm sorry." She says, trying not to look at him. "For what I said, and how I acted."

Silence.

"I wasn't thinking straight." She adds. "I was angry, and tired. I just... I hate how my brain works now. I over reacted and I guess I just don't deserve you coming back for me."

More silence. Which kills her.

"You can be mad at me as much as you want. I deserve it."

When the seconds tick by with no response, her heart drops. She stands and takes off the jacket.

"Here." She says, giving his his jacket back.

He looks at her then, an eyebrow raised. "You said it wasn't the first time, back there." He doesn't even take the jacket. "So, what happened before?"

Slowly, she puts her hand down, jacket still clenched in her fist. "About three or four times... same and different stories. I felt so lost and angry. Some people were rude, and they triggered me." She looks away. "The worst thing about it was that while beating them up, I enjoyed it. It felt good."

"Did it really?"

She hugs her arms, glaring at the floor. "I know. I'm a disaster. I wish I could just go back to normal." She looks towards the city. "It's hard to explain it. But when you've been in pain for ten years... yeah. Things change. Everything changes. I can't control my behavior."

"I know." He says, reaching for his jacket, but not to get it, but to pull her down. "I can never be mad at you, you know that?" He gives a small smile. "I wasn't even mad in the first place. I understand what you've been through."

Her eyes slightly widen. "I thought you were mad. Not just that, furious."

He shakes his head. "Why would I?"

"I thought I understood most of you, Satoru." She shakes her head, obeying Gojo's silent command to sit back down.

"Well, I don't know what to say to that except that I'm hurt." He sulks.

She shoves him. "What I meant was, you have a fun nature. You're always smiling and joking around, as if nothing is wrong with you, not one percent. Not even a person who stays with you every second can know what you think just by looking at you sometimes."

"Maybe because of my blindfold?" he smiles.

"See?" She points. "You still joke." She watches him for a while before, "You can tell me what happened though. I told you almost all there is to know about me. What about you?"

He gives her a surprised look. "Me? What about me?"

"I asked the same question."

He shrugs. "There's nothing to say."

She cocks her head to the side. "There's a lot to say. Start talking, and you'll find that you've talked more than you thought."

He shakes his head, taking his blindfold off. "I'm not depressed or anything, so you don't need to worry."

"Fine then. Start with telling me what happened with Suguru."

The tension turns cold at the mention of him.