Chapter 2: Realizations and Reconsideration

• Dedicated to YOU! The awesome people taking time to read this!

Anna left, not asking questions but telling me that some of Elise’s old clothes were in a box in the closet. I managed to find a nightgown that was just a little to big on me. I went to the bathroom down the hall to change. It was great to get out of that hospital gown. I sent up a quick prayer of thanks that I was at least wearing that when they saved me.

            I looked in the bathroom mirror at myself. I looked disheveled. My straight light brown chest-length hair was flying everywhere. My green eyes were wide with bags under them. I looked slightly malnourished. They didn’t feed us very well there, I thought. I gasped. How did I remember that?

            I shook my head and splashed water on my face to try and calm myself down. These random memories were getting… scary? Annoying? I didn’t know how to describe them.

            I slipped out of the hospital gown, throwing it in the trashcan. I never wanted to see that thing again. I noticed a pink scar on my chest. It was a straight line, made obviously on purpose. Apparently they had made it just in time, and it was a good thing that Anna could heal. Those demons had already started.            

My nerves were shot. I needed to stop making these shocking discoveries. But something told me this was just the beginning.            

Then I thought of something, if they had started, wouldn’t my hospital gown be bloody? I asked Anna about this and she said that Elise had grabbed one on her way out and switched my clothes for me when we were a safe distance away. Elise was smart, she knew how not to attract attention.

            I put on the nightgown, not wanting to see that scar for another second, and left the bathroom. I ran into Darius in the hall.

            “T-thanks for telling Elise about the thing on the door,” I said quickly.

            “Are you okay?” he asked before getting a good look at me, “you just realized how close you came didn’t you?” he asked.

            “Yeah,” I answered, “how did you know?”

            “I reacted the same way, I couldn’t speak in full sentences for at least an hour,” he answered.

            Darius was acting a lot nicer, maybe his ‘ability’ to be able to judge people so well had told him something that changed his mind. I didn’t really care at the moment, but it bothered me later that night.

            “Thanks,” I smiled. Maybe my first impression was wrong. I tried to walk back to my room with at least some dignity, but I managed to trip on the end of the just-a-little-too-big nightgown. Apparently I was also a klutz.

            I laid in my new bed for a couple of hours trying to get a grasp of all that had happened. I finally drifted into a restless sleep when my stubborn mind gave up. This was going to take some getting used to.

So what do you think? I'm having trouble finding someone to cast as Darius. Any suggestions? Keep in mind his apperance and age.