Chapter 9: In Faint

Chapter 9:
                                                                         In Faint

                                                                         +Zayn+

I woke up, feeling a pair of lips gently make contact with my temple. I blushed as I saw Liam holding me close to him as my head rested on his chest. A warming and gentle smile curled on his gentle face. He was so beautiful. He brought his lips to my cheek and my face reddened even harder. Liam chuckled. Today was Saturday, so there is no school today. I felt Liam's lips travel from my cheek to the corner of my lips. I wanted to be a tease by turning away slighlt---which I did.

Liam frowned. I chuckled. He rolled his eyes. I sat up, but his arms were still wrapped around my waist. I blushed. "Liam---I have to go and take a shower" I said.

"What for?" he asked, while holding me. I shrugged. He smiled and pulled me closer. "Are we alone?"

I shrugged. "Want me to ch-"

"Bye Zayn! I have to go to the police station for a little while. Won't be long!" called out Jake---the door shut afterwards. I wondered to myself. Since when did Jake become a police officer? If he became one, why didn't tell me---or mom?

I looked at Liam and a small grin appeared on his face and I blushed. He wrapped his around my waist to prevent me from moving. I blushed even harder. I felt his lips on my neck---but he didn't kiss me. I clenched my jaw as he brought his lips up and we grazed our lips into each other's mouths. Eventually, he brought our lips together with him kissing my top lip and my kissing his bottom one. My cheeks grew hot as I kissed and moved my lips with his.

He leaned into me and I fell back on the bed with him hovering me. I gripped his shirt tight as his hands made contact with my waist. I liked this feeling I had with Liam. It was rich. Enchanting. Delighting. I loved it so much---yet, he broke it. My heart stopped as he shook his head.

"Zayn---we can't" he protested.

I felt my throat close and my heart sink. I looked into his eyes that made me want to kiss him again to change his mind---but as I tried to move forward he blocked me. "Wha---why, can't we?"

"You're a human. I'm a demon. I'll hurt you. I cannot take that chance" he said.

"So---what are you saying?" I asked. It felt like I was about to lose my ability to speak. Liam placed a gently kiss to my cheek before opening the window to my bedroom and jumping out. I hurried over to my window.

He was gone. I felt my hands shake and my bones quiver as I tried to find him. He was nowhere to be seen. I quickly closed my bedroom window to prevent the tears that were about to fill up in my eyes. I decided to take a shower and to just throw on something random. I stripped myself naked and wrapped my towel around my waist and went into the bathroom. The minute I turned on the water to the shower, I heard noise coming from outside. I looked out the window and saw no one. I shrugged.

As I went to take my towel off, I had the strangest feeling of someone being in this room with me. I looked around and saw no one. I shook it off. I decided to just take a bath rather than a shower. I stopped the water and to leave in the drain plug. I dipped myself into the tub and rested back. I sighed and gently closed my eyes.

Chase and I sat hand in hand on the bed. I was tired and so was he---yet we did nothing. I guess it was the seasons. I watched the snow fall from the sky---I was rather a beautiful things to watch the winter snow fall from the sky during this time of year. Mom and Jeffery were out of town for a while (still on their honeymoon) while I was with Chase. Mom would usually call to make sure I was all right. Chase would be silent and make sure that she couldn't hear him in the background.