Chapter 8: Confessions

Chapter 8:
                                                                       Confessions

                                                                          +Charse+

Through the rest of the day, I have been literally keeping an eye out for Zayn. He must be nearly startled to know that we're all demons. Demons! As in, creatures who can take souls and life---darkness and killing is what we are. But Septon has raised me, Liam, Lume, Nica, Marley, and Nica better than that. Why, he even taught Chera, his own wife how to befriend the human kind. I sighed. I walked to my locker when Lume was blocking it. I growled. It was obvious that she had something on her mind. Arg! I nearly scowled at her as I spoke to her.

"Lume---move out of me way. You're blocking me locker" I hissed in her face. She just leaned back even more and smiled as she did so.

Lume and I may be cousins, but that doesn't mean we have to like each other. It's not that I hate her, I just don't like her. I clenched my fist and roughly pulled away from my locker. She landed hard on her bum on the solid floor of the school. I held back a chuckle as she stood up---hurting. She knows that I am stronger than her, why even frown?

At that second, Nica held Lume close to him and kissed her temple. My cheeks reddened due to this. Yes, I do have Darrel---but I barely see him. His coven is usually off in the Southeast---away from us. Sometimes they go to Canada. It makes me jealous how Lume and Nica share their love hand in hand all the time----same with Septon and Chera. I rolled my eyes. Lume smirked.

"What? Do we make you jealous?" Lume sounded like she was trying to tease me.

I frowned and nearly wanted to plunge my fist across her face or slap her. But I couldn't do that---at least not in the middle of the school. I rolled my eyes and just walked away from her. She always had to fine some way to annoy me. No wonder why I can't stand Lume. I sighed.

At the end of school, I managed to steal Harry for a moment and to make sure that he wasn't going to ditch me. Besides, he has to help prepare for the get-together. I dragged Harry to my car and he shoved out of my grasp. "Charse, I am not going to forget about preparing for the get-together. Now don't touch me" he hissed.

"Oh save it Harreh. You wouldn't be able to leave anyways---I can out think you."

"No you cannot. I am brighter than you anyways."

I scowled at him. "Get in the car" I spat in his face.

"I have my own car. I drive myself---thank you very much" he said to me. He walked away to his black Mustang and got in. He started the engine and drove off to Liam's. I rolled my eyes and entered my Chevy. I started the engine and pulled off.

I stopped a moment to see Louis walk Zayn to his Chevy. He let Zayn in on the passenger side as he got in on the driver's. I shook my head and continued to drive to Liam's house.

                                                                          +Zayn+

I bit down my lip once Louis strapped himself in. He looked at me. "You all right Mister Malik? Am I still making you nervous?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. He drove straight down the road. My body tensed as I remembered that night Liam and I were under attack by this giant wolf and that was the same night he told me that he along with his family, Louis, and Harry are all demons. That word---Demons---it brings chills to my spine. Liam is beautiful---they all are. It is hard to believe that they even are demons.