Chapter 4: Hunting Lions

Chapter 4:

Hunting Lions                   

                                                            +Louis+

The minute I hear the sound of the school bell---- signalling the end of school ----I made my way to my locker to retrieve my notepad. Tonight is hunting night. Every half-moon, I would go hunting with Harry, Liam, and Nica--- Liam's adopted older brother. Sometimes, Nica would allow his step-cousin, Marley, to come and hunt with us. It wasn't that he was too young and we were aware of his safety, Marley can sometimes get too excited and short-tempered that he will go off and maybe kill a human, maybe--- thirsty or not. Usually, Marley is capable of hunting with us, but he buries his anger so much that he barely comes. I figure that it is because of Liam. Not that they fight or hold a rivalry...but still. Liam's family found Marley actually. Mainly his father, Septon. Although--- Septon is not Liam's actual father (he's his adoptive father).

Marley was just a newborn. A newborn demon. He was only the age he is now--- seventeen (and since he is a demon, he is forever young and forever the same exact age he was transfromed. By now, he should be fifty years old). He was so uncontrollable and so vicious, as I remember. It was in 1962 when he was turned into a demon and he was angry. He told me so. The cause of him being a demon was due those called devil worshipers. All they wanted to do was honor the devil...but it came with a price. A sacrifice. Marley hadn't been a part of worshipping the devil. At all.

The worshippers took Marley and sacrificed him. Killed him with a knife to the heart. They Marley for dead and that is when Septon found Marley. Bloody. So what? Septon turned Marley into something more. One of us. What I am. A demon. Now here he is. He is one of the strongest and fastest--- along with Liam. Marley was generally given to be with Lume's family, but despite that, he was drawn so close to Liam's.

Due to that, Marley grew emotionally drawn to Liam. Liam is older than Marley (two centuries old), and Septon with his mate, Chera, thought that Liam's future mate would be Charse, his adoptive sister--- but to him, she was just a sister, and she just thought of him as a brother. Marley thought that meant it could be an opportunity to be Liam's future mate. Unfortunately, Liam made it clear to us all that he wasn't ready to have a mate...not till he was. And Marley knew that it would be no time soon. I remember when I was set to be the mate of Lume, but she grew drawn to Nica and he did the same to her. Now they are mates--- and so, I released her. Out of love.

I remember when Harry was supposed to be mating with Charse. She was beautiful and he was beautiful. They would be perfect together. But like me, he released her-- but he told me only, that he did it since he was drawn by someone else. Charse is now mating with Darel from the Revar Coven. Liam and his family are the Stone Coven, Harry is Amazon Coven, and I am a member of the Renard Coven. I never imagined me running solo and as an outcast from my own coven, but things happen for a reason. The Renard Coven happens to be one of the most strict covens out of three of us--- Liam, Harry, and I. I guess that's why I left. I am still a part of it (sadly), but I refuse to return to my own coven, face to face.

Sigh.

I closed my locker and went to turn, when I felt something bump against me---- more like someone. I was still standing, but the person was knocked down. I looked at them. When I did, I felt my heart grow light. As the boy looked at me and stood up, I was completely drawn. His eyes gleamed the color of dark brown, lips were full and slightly pink (matching his skin very well), eyelashes that looked like feather dusters around his eyes, hair the color of the dark night sky--- with a streak of golden in the front, and he was lean with rounded muscles. He was beautiful. Just beautiful. Never have I ever seen such a beautiful person.