And of course, his personal reason - to make your body warmly toasty for him to hold. You were like a human hot water bottle that's desired in the bitter cold against his bare skin.

Even though only the ghost of you haunted him for seven years, he would still buy, build and leave it to stand abandoned.

Despite keeping his businesses going, building those houses were the only things he would spend his money on.

Maybe doing so was his way of still believing you and him would reunite again one day. Even though each passing year became more bleak - holding onto a thread at times. He was clinging onto this word called hope and faith.

But of course he wasn't comfortable with telling her or anyone that.

"Because I have nothing better to do with my money." He chose the snobbish answer over the sincere.

Merely humming a response, Maleeka fell quiet for the rest of the walk but home. Which of course made her sleepy.

Cautiously slipping her off his shoulders and back into her bed. Hisoka effortlessly took off her shoes and draped the blanket over her petite body. Maybe just for today, one last time, he will let her stay at home instead of going to school in a few hours.

Especially after the conversation he just had with her, Hisoka was feeling extra generous towards his flesh.

Heading back down stairs to the kitchen by 5:45 am. He was greeted by Akira that was in motion of starting breakfast.

"Don't worry about breakfast." He curtly said.

Placing the knife down, "Oh? But I do have to make Maleeka's breakfast and pack lunch for school at least. Y/n wanted to do it herself, but I stopped her because you did inform me that she needs bed rest." Akira replied.

"She's up already?" He enquired, rather surprised your motherly instinct and duties kicked in so fast. You were crazy if you thought you could operate as normal around the house straight out of surgery.

"Yes Mr Morow."

Walking closer to the counter, "I'll sort this out. You are relived." He instructed.

Looking at her boss immensely surprised, she stood there in shell shock silence. Did Hisoka just say he was going to make breakfast?

"Maleeka isn't going to school today. I'll see too Y/n's breakfast and my own." He elaborated, obviously seeing his shocked servant gaping because of this uncharacteristic behaviour.

Not wanting to irritate him, she obliged by leaving.

"Will you cook me breakfast or will A-Akira?"

"I'll do it for you this time."

A recent memory Hisoka recalled as you were dying in his arms a few weeks ago.

He told you he would back then, and he will keep his word. But to be honest, a part of Hisoka wanted too. He just wanted to do things for you personally for a change. Or maybe he was looking for an excuse to enter your room.

After convincing himself that you might need space from him, Hisoka just felt awkward being in your presence. Never ending silly issues right?

Nearing 7:20 am, Hisoka carried the self standing wooden tray to your room.

"O-h morning Hisoka." Your partial startled self greeted as you sat up properly.

Placing the tray down, "How are you feeling?" He asked rather indifferently.

"Okay I guess? Just a bit of body pain and sleepy." You answered. Eyeing out the food on the tray. Almost immediately picking out that this breakfast wasn't made by Akita but rather Hisoka. However you knew better not to say anything that will put him on the spot.

"When you are done eating, I'll get you pain meds too ease it off."

Partially clutching onto the fork, You looked down a bit uncomfortable. "No.. I'll be okay. Don't get any pain meds." You whispered that reply rather suspiciously. A suspicion Hisoka picked up.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because...Pain medication may cause.. those in recovery too set back, and to be honest, I am subtly craving meds for other reasons besides the relief of pain..So no meds." You shamefully admitted. So ashamed that you couldn't even utter the word addict out aloud.
That word made you feel weak and reminded you of the bitter past.

"Oh yes." He deadpanned. Feeling rather blonde to not realise that.

"Are you-"

"No. I'm fine Hisoka." You curtly interrupted him.

It's not that you were annoyed, you were just embarrassed about this matter. It's not everyday you hear someone abusing drugs to a point you need new organs. And you low key hated how much you ended up relying on Hisoka..

Blinking blankly at you for a few stiff seconds, Hisoka turned around and began to walk out the room.

"You aren't.." You somewhat disappointedly mumbled underneath your breath. Low enough that he couldn't hear.

"..Guess not. Silly me." You said once he left completely. After last night you just assumed that Hisoka would continue being extra kind towards you and feed you like how he did yesterday.

You couldn't help but feel partially disappointed and sadden at his aloofness. Although things weren't perfect between the two of you. Having him in front of you and being so tenderly kind was freshening. And it just reminded you of all the good things that made you fall in love with Hisoka. How special he made you feel because he would never do anything as generous for anyone. He hurts you badly..Emotionally and physically, but he truly made you feel like a queen. Toxic dynamics much.

But of course you didn't know, Hisoka wasn't being toxic, he was merely giving you space he assumed you wanted from him.