Chapter 1 - Call of remedy

The stars he saw were varied in size, some large and others small, and the night sky was stunning. It was something he could comprehend during this difficult period. He could hear nothing but his own voice within his head. He kneeled down and asked himself, "How did he end up in this situation?" He quickly snapped out of the delusion he was in, and when he did, he was surrounded by voices that were yelling, which made him feel helpless. feeble. The screams stopped when nearby civilians were slain by men in full armour. At a distance, female elves were seen walking inside a massive carriage, and knights could be seen dragging the corpses. Those who were spared would become labourers. The elf questioned what made elves so terrible and why the humans they considered friends hated them so much.

The idea of becoming different species of varmints was considered since the elf felt like an animal and observed that his type was treated like animals. The sensation was there as I knelt down and was restrained. Gazing at the earth, the elf pondered what had caused the humans to despise them in the first place and why they had severed ties with the people they considered friends. Since his father had claimed that humans are people just like themselves and that humans were originally like them, he had never considered haters. That was something his father had told him, yet even if he didn't hate them, there would be animosity towards them. He realised why there was dread in his village after witnessing the disaster that was playing out before his very eyes.

"FATHER!!"

The elf side made the sounds of groaning from the knight, and at that moment, the guy in the outer armour swung his sword, slicing through the elven neck and sending it tumbling to the ground with a 5-foot blade. As soon as they heard the thud, those close to the execution burst out laughing, and some even whistled at the quick cut. The small girl was moved to tears as she looked down to find her father's body and head on the ground, and her brother was shaking at what he had witnessed. The young child was so shocked and upset by what she saw that she broke down right away.

"NOO!!"

After momentarily holding her down, the knight released her. Before long, the girl collapsed and started sobbing over her father's passing. As her tears started to fall on the dry earth, the soldiers surrounding her chuckled at her grief. Beside her, her brother remained silent, taken aback by what he saw. When the little elf comprehended what had happened, she turned to face her brother and saw how their father had caused his eyes to swell. The knight next to her notices that she is trying to stand up from the ground. The young girl is then kicked in the abdomen by the knight, hurting her stomach.

As the young child starts to sob from the pain, soldiers start to swarm around her. Shortly after, they all kick the young girl, causing her to groan in pain and the knights to laugh angrily. Many kicks proved to be the knight's undoing, and the girl who was left behind was shattered, with bruises all over her body. Her brother glanced at her right away as he returned to reality. He got up and hurried towards his sister, seeing her in a broken mess. The young girl's surrounding soldiers withdrew, and a few of them departed.

"Noo! Please stay with me!"

The little boy's cries could be heard as he tightly gripped her sibling. His sister continued to gasp for oxygen without saying anything. When they were lying on the ground, the troops surrounding them exchanged glances and nodded in agreement. One person leaves the group and raises his five-foot-five deer to the sky. He approaches the two children at a slow pace. The knight waited for a response, but there was none—no crying, no pleading for compassion—which disappointed him. The small boy was shaking his younger sister, and the knight was alongside him, listening to the children's sobs. He continues to shake without reply, and I could see it was emotionless by seeing through her mouth. The tiny child recognises this right away; he looks up at the sky and quickly starts to cry over his sister's passing.