Chapter 9 - the elf in the chambers

[========================]

Interrogation room, San Francisco police department.

August 20, 2021

Within the interrogation room handcuffed to the table, the elder sat idly looking around a room with no one but her and the metal table as the sounds of nonentity encompasses her as she could hear her heartbeat, it was too noiseless and these moments of silents she begins to recall what happened yesterday and what made get her into this silent room and having to see that these humans are not the same ones as back at the homeworld. The elder was surprised, to discover that she wasn't executed by the humans for being a magic caster or an elf, she got see that she was sent to a holding cell and had to sit on it for a while, she was then moved to see that she had waited down there for the past two hours, these moments made her wonder what made these people more passive and what drives them to be more receptive.

But even with these thoughts, the humans still did not suspect them to be actual elves and even with the show of magic she was treated like a felon and having to see that these humans never get to see magic before, conversing with them was tougher than the elder expected. Seeing her being quiet and patient, FBI agent Richard and Chief officer Jolene both looked at each other after glimpsing at the door and having both been dumbfounded they could only think of what just happened yesterday. Having both seen the magic on their small meetup back at baker beach, both were intimidated by some the men only believed to have ever existed in fiction and video games... They had the elder and the rest of her high ranking followers join along with her, now with them being questioned by other officers.

"So what do you think will happen to these elves after we do our proper interrogation?"

Richard asked in a soft tone; hearing this he turned back at him. "Not sure. Having yesterday been a fuckfest, the federal government went more aggressive than I expected. Having that we had to force their wooden ships to relocate to some nearby port while having the national guard deployed en masse to the city, from all I know they aren't going to be shipped to Gitmo.

It wasn't as they expected, with the federal government getting the info that the elves were responsible for the bridge incident, there was a sudden change of hearts, the situation begins to worsen and the media reporting it like no tomorrow, Richard had to see his nation dealing with a situation which they had never faced before. He glances back at Jolene and pats his right shoulder.

"That portal below it, what do you think is on the other side? will it take us to an alien world?"

Jolene looks back at Richard. "What?" And having to hear him chuckle, Jolene could only stare back, and with the time being late he looks at the door and quickly unlocks it causing a creaking to be listened out at the right corner, for the elder to see it was the same people as yesterday and with both wearing different uniforms, the elder was a bit embarrassed to see that she was wearing dirty clothes as before and with them getting into there sit and sits straight, gazing back to the two men.

"Evening ms. Liliana"

To hear his imitating voice, and to notice them being different from yesterday, their expression was irate and more moral and having to remember her attempt of revealing her magic, this change of heart could be one of their reasons.

"Evening gentleman."

Hearing this, both grin and immediately after so, Jolene placed down more papers than before and with additional information being given, made the elder quite surprised not expecting them to give more information.

"Additional evidence we had to collect from the bridge incident was given to us to be used in our interrogation, if you answer correctly and truly we can offer you back something which can assist us as well."