Vol 4 Chapter 4.3

(Dis) Satisfaction

Episode 1; Kurenai Rayla

"Agh! Where the hell is she?! I've looked everywhere but she's literally nowhere to be seen!"

No matter where I was or how fast I ran, there's no trace of Kurenai's shadow in sight. I asked around a few of her friends and even some bystanders but they just said they never saw her run past anywhere. I even snuck into her room but no one was in there either.

At least everyone remembering her is a hint that she's still alive and in this branch but it doesn't make sense for her to not be on the ship unless she's jumped overboard somewhere. That wouldn't be a possibility either since the girl loves Sugihara so much, what the fuck is going on....

It's nearly evening, there's no reports of seeing her anywhere. This is seriously creepy, this was meant to be a normal fanfic but suddenly this happens?

"Tch, that apathetic idiot hasn't checked in with me either. If I haven't found her then no way in hell he has....."

Another thing to note is how I haven't seen Ayanokouji running around either. What did those two hop onto a boat or something and just left us here to go somewhere else? It'd be one thing if Kurenai was the only one missing but Ayanokouji too....

"Kaneko-san what are you doing here?"

"Huh? Oh, it's you Horikita."

Horikita stands before me as I frustratedly bite on my nails while walking back and forth anxiously.

I've been gathering the attention of people by running around for awhile now, before I was just running about trying to find Kurenai but now that I've actually stopped to think people are starting to approach me.

"You have a lot of sweat dripping from your body, here have this." She offers a handkerchief to which I take and begin to rub my sweat off with it.

"Yeah well running around a large ship for hours does that to you
So what the shit do ya want? I'm on a tight schedule here."

"You were running around the ship suspiciously so I came to check on you. Also have you seen Sugihara-kun by any chance?"

"Sugihara, that moron? He should be resting in the nurse's office because of two days ago."

"But when I checked he wasn't there, are you sure he should be in there?"

Wait, the bastard isn't in the nurse's office? This isn't right....in the last branch he should have still been asleep at this time, knowing his condition he shouldn't have the power to walk around right after waking up either.

I clench my fist, tie my boots for a split second before rushing off to the nurse's office at full speed. Horikita calls out to me from behind but by then I'm already too far to make out what she wanted to say.

As I run down the hallway towards the nurse's office, a sweet scent suddenly wafts in my direction and into my nose.

"The hell? Who's spraying perfume around the place at this time?!"

Instinctively I cover my nose to the scent, perfume was something I could never stand since the mere smell of it makes me want to puke. I begin to search around for the source of this sweet scent, but I end up finding nothing.